Al Bowlley - Heartaches EBW... Any copies exist?

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
Mormon S
Victor III
Personal Text:     Martin     "phono_fluff" on instagram

Al Bowlley - Heartaches EBW... Any copies exist?

Post by Mormon S »

Ever since the release of the album "everywhere at the end of time" by The Caretaker, I've wondered if I could get a copy of AL Bowlleys "heartaches". For those who don't know, the album is a 6 hour long experience that simulates the progression of alzheimers with music, sampling old songs and distorting it progressively through 6 phases until sounds become unrecognizable. It's an incredible and eye opening artistic album, but a sad one none the less.

The first song is Al Bowlley's heartaches. It can usually only be found on a compilation LP, but according to this page: http://www.albowlly.club/discography.html the song was released by Edison Bell Winner #5358. If anyone has a copy I would love to know, even if you are not willing to sell it. I'm sure it must be out there, it's just a matter of finding it.

Martin

gramophoneshane
Victor VI

Re: Al Bowlley - Heartaches EBW... Any copies exist?

Post by gramophoneshane »

Apparently it's backed by"Roll on, Mississippi, roll on", both by Sid Phillips and his melodians (vocal by Bowlly).

Edison Bell masters were used for several other labels, so it may also be on one of those too.

travisgreyfox
Victor IV

Re: Al Bowlley - Heartaches EBW... Any copies exist?

Post by travisgreyfox »

Just listened to a condensed version of the full albums on YouTube. Thanks for sharing.