Enrico Caruso with dubbed orchestra?

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
Viva-voce
Victor III

Re: Enrico Caruso with dubbed orchestra?

Post by Viva-voce »

It sounds well, but at some places you can listen to the old recording's hiss... My pressing, a french HMV from the thirties, doesn't tell which ones were the original recordings (London, Dec 20th, 1907 or Camden, March 17&18, 1911). The two Caro Nomes (or Cagonome, as VIctor Borge said) have audio files at DAHR, and I've played them both at the same time, using two instances of the browser, curious... I have to check with the record which recordings were actually used.
[/quote]

The recordings used for the two Tetrazzini dubs with electrical orchestra were the 1911 Victor versions, and as far as I know, were the only non-Caruso recordings given this treatment during that period.

Steven

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Post by Inigo »

Ah, thanks!
Inigo

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Post by epigramophone »

In December 1932 following the success of the Caruso re-creations, HMV asked Victor to consider re-recording some Tetrazzini titles.
She was about to undertake her farewell world tour, and HMV thought that a few re-created records would sell well.
Victor's reply was not enthusiastic, but the two titles already mentioned were issued as HMV DB1979 and Victor 7883.