How to increase speed slightly on schubert?

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
chewy
Victor O

How to increase speed slightly on schubert?

Post by chewy »

Can anyone give me a step by step - it’s running slightly slow - there’s a tool to be made and I have no idea where or how to use it- thank you

chewy
Victor O

Re: How to increase speed slightly on schubert?

Post by chewy »

i totally got it just right- i turned the special screw and tuned by ear and with audio assitence the same way i tune speed on a jethro tull bootleg. i do not know which take i was tuning to, i had C...i dont know which takes i was tuning to (fletcher henderson - linger awhile) - but i DID IT!!!!!!!!!!! i have never been so proud of an accomplishement.....i had realtime assistence of course.....everything looks like nonesense to me until i figured out i was looking at and when i saw it i SAW IT and then once i understood what to do i DID IT- once i got keyed visually and mecahnically i could do it....edison did make these things kind of idiot proof but i needed to be honed in on it and once i was locked in, i was in.

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

That's great! I love how simple Edison cylinder phonographs can be--the Diamond Discs are pretty nice too. Glad yours is working OK.

Charles

chewy
Victor O

Post by chewy »

Hi Charles!!!! How does that little tiny screw even change the speed? It somehow let’s the motor run faster/ one little turn is all it took!(and a little turn back cause I sped it up over 80 lol) can’t wait to try it out or the first time right, in a couple of hours - and just messaged the Edison museum archivist on serial number info- he’s employed by the national park service yet is an Edison archivist/researcher!!!!

chewy
Victor O

Post by chewy »

Oh and I put this in the wrong area should of been in machines instead - sorry bout that - I was going quick