My First 78 Finds

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Re: My First 78 Finds

Post by AmberolaAndy »

smitharthur wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:40 pm I don't think Caruso is that "common" to find here in the Northeast. Others from different parts of the country could say "there are Caruso's out there everywhere", which in itself is not true, as 78's in general are getting harder and harder to find up here. When I found my first Caruso out there "in the wild", I was practically doing backflips.

However, I look for these because I enjoy and love the history behind them, and the music itself. 78's in general have little to no monetary value, with scarce exception.

What they do have is spectacular music, and rich history. If you can enjoy them on those grounds, to me, they are priceless.
I think I have only about 4 Carusos in my collection? And some of those are later reissue 78s on the RCA Victor label from the 1940s

smitharthur
Victor I
Personal Text: smitharthur

Post by smitharthur »

AmberolaAndy wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:29 pm
smitharthur wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:40 pm I don't think Caruso is that "common" to find here in the Northeast. Others from different parts of the country could say "there are Caruso's out there everywhere", which in itself is not true, as 78's in general are getting harder and harder to find up here. When I found my first Caruso out there "in the wild", I was practically doing backflips.

However, I look for these because I enjoy and love the history behind them, and the music itself. 78's in general have little to no monetary value, with scarce exception.

What they do have is spectacular music, and rich history. If you can enjoy them on those grounds, to me, they are priceless.
I think I have only about 4 Carusos in my collection? And some of those are later reissue 78s on the RCA Victor label from the 1940s
I am up to 15 Caruso's now. To me, each one is a thrilling experience.

AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Post by AmberolaAndy »

smitharthur wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:14 pm
AmberolaAndy wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:29 pm

I am up to 15 Caruso's now. To me, each one is a thrilling experience.
Oh that’s true! The man had a voice like none other that can really knock you off your feet! I don’t know how he would have been Mic’d if he lived into the electrical era.