A VV 2-55 playing "Into Each Life Some Rain Must Fall" on a rainy day

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
Dischoard
Victor II
Personal Text: Born in the wrong century...

A VV 2-55 playing "Into Each Life Some Rain Must Fall" on a rainy day

Post by Dischoard »

It started thundering and lightning here just before the skies opened up and dumped some rain on us. I had just found the last part I needed to make my VV 2-55 fully functional (that little tiny spring that goes to the auto brake had been missing) and decided to drag the whole thing outside for a little quartet between the thunder, the rain, the Ink Spots, and Ella Fitzgerald. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/Ovj4s__Xk7M

SteveM
Victor II

Re: A VV 2-55 playing "Into Each Life Some Rain Must Fall" on a rainy day

Post by SteveM »

Sounds great! A nice feeling, I'm sure, to have your machine all complete and humming along nicely on the porch!

My wife just reminded me that 3 years ago today, we were in Stowe for my birthday trip to Alchemist!
“The cup of tea on arrival at a country house is a thing which, as a rule, I particularly enjoy. I like the crackling logs, the shaded lights, the scent of buttered toast, the general atmosphere of leisured cosiness.”

P. G. Wodehouse

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Post by Inigo »

Very good, thanks! This is one of my favorite songs. That young, sometimes raspy voice of Ella, was great!
Inigo

Dischoard
Victor II

Post by Dischoard »

SteveM wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:53 am Sounds great! A nice feeling, I'm sure, to have your machine all complete and humming along nicely on the porch!

My wife just reminded me that 3 years ago today, we were in Stowe for my birthday trip to Alchemist!
Well Happy Birthday!

If there is ONE bright side to this pandemic it's that all these beers are now sold right in the stores meaning one no longer has to plan an outing to make a special trip. Heady Topper right in our grocery store! Though I swear they've changed their formula a bit, no longer what it used to be. My favorite is now "It's Complicated Being A Wizard" by Burlington Beer Co. A close second would be Fiddlehead's Second Fiddle... consistent for a decade.

Don't get me wrong, once we've gotten a handle on this Delta Variant I'm all over the pilgrimages, it's a great way to get out, travel the state and have fun whilst doing it!

SteveM
Victor II

Post by SteveM »

I will keep an eye out for those brews, and look forward indeed to returning to your great state!
[/quote]

Well Happy Birthday!

If there is ONE bright side to this pandemic it's that all these beers are now sold right in the stores meaning one no longer has to plan an outing to make a special trip. Heady Topper right in our grocery store! Though I swear they've changed their formula a bit, no longer what it used to be. My favorite is now "It's Complicated Being A Wizard" by Burlington Beer Co. A close second would be Fiddlehead's Second Fiddle... consistent for a decade.

Don't get me wrong, once we've gotten a handle on this Delta Variant I'm all over the pilgrimages, it's a great way to get out, travel the state and have fun whilst doing it!
[/quote]
“The cup of tea on arrival at a country house is a thing which, as a rule, I particularly enjoy. I like the crackling logs, the shaded lights, the scent of buttered toast, the general atmosphere of leisured cosiness.”

P. G. Wodehouse

Dischoard
Victor II

Post by Dischoard »

Inigo wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:44 pm Very good, thanks! This is one of my favorite songs. That young, sometimes raspy voice of Ella, was great!
I've finally gotten enough of her records for her to have her own section on my shelves. I had to put her near the Ink Spots because they did SO much together, they often overlap...

travisgreyfox
Victor IV

Post by travisgreyfox »

What a beautiful video you made. I love the song and the atmosphere you decided to film in. :coffee: