Coca-Cola WWII War Department 33 Record

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
MikeB
Victor II

Coca-Cola WWII War Department 33 Record

Post by MikeB »

I found this record with several V-discs. It's a Coca-Cola WWII War Department record. I've been collecting Coca-Cola memorabilia since I was a kid in the 1970's, and I have never seen one of these records. Thought I'd post it here to see if anyone has any information. I couldn't find it in any Coca-Cola collectibles book either.
Attachments
IMG_3011.jpg
IMG_3034 copy.jpg
IMG_3035.jpg

ChesterCheetah18
Victor II

Re: Coca-Cola WWII War Department 33 Record

Post by ChesterCheetah18 »

MikeB wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:52 pm I found this record with several V-discs. It's a Coca-Cola WWII War Department record. I've been collecting Coca-Cola memorabilia since I was a kid in the 1970's, and I have never seen one of these records. Thought I'd post it here to see if anyone has any information. I couldn't find it in any Coca-Cola collectibles book either.
My guess would be something similar to the V-discs, but more of a "show" format?

Wolfe
Victor V

Post by Wolfe »

"Spotlight Bands" was a running live show and radio broadcast for servicemen / women that featured many performers. It looks like this one was sponsored by Coca-Cola is all.

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

For your Coke collection:

Coke Truck.png
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife