Presentation on Black Patti Records - TOMORROW, 6/3 @ 7:00 AM

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
jmad7474
Victor I
Personal Text: "Don't Deny Yourself the Sheer Joy of Orthophonic Music"

Presentation on Black Patti Records - TOMORROW, 6/3 @ 7:00 AM

Post by jmad7474 »

Through kind invitation by the Rotary Club of North St. Paul-Maplewood-Oakdale, I will be holding a one-hour discussion about Black Patti records tomorrow (Friday, June 3rd) from 7:00 to 8:00 AM. Although I plan on presenting this in-person at their usual meeting location (the Salvation Army Church-Lakewood Temple), the event is FREE for virtual participants and can readily be accessed through Zoom. My presentation will provide excellent detail about this most scarce and mysterious label, and features three audio tracks digitized from actual Black Patti records which, for better or worse, still hold significant cultural relevance today.

To access the virtual link, simply visit the Club's events calendar at nstpmorotary.org/calendar/events/ and click on the slot for Friday, 6/3. Hope you all can make it!
Attachments
20220602_192230.jpg

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Re: Presentation on Black Patti Records - TOMORROW, 6/3 @ 7:00 AM

Post by Inigo »

Can it be watched later? It's it going to be recorded?
Inigo

jmad7474
Victor I
Personal Text: "Don't Deny Yourself the Sheer Joy of Orthophonic Music"

Post by jmad7474 »

Thanks for your patience and I apologize for not following up on this sooner. YES, my presentation was recorded and can be viewed at the link below (skip ahead to 29:04)! I hope you all enjoy it - I just wish I had had a little more time to present it so I wouldn't have had to talk so fast and go over my 30 minute time limit!

(Double-click the video above or click this link to go to the video on YouTube.)

Roaring20s
Victor V
Personal Text: Those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who could not hear the music. Nietzsche

Post by Roaring20s »

Thanks for sharing that.
I enjoyed your enthusiasm, sped-up by the time constraint. :D
Great job!

James.