Fletcher Henderson or George Olson

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
Edisonfan
Victor V
Personal Text: Invention is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration

Fletcher Henderson or George Olson

Post by Edisonfan »

To begin with, this is not a Versus, in saying one person is better, this is just my opinion!

Recently I had a subscriber on my channel tell me he preferred George Olson’s rendition of a Fletcher Henderson Tune. Over Fletcher Henderson’s original version. As if George Olson’s version was superior! He didn’t comment at all on the recording I had posted, he just said: He preferred George Olson’s version! After Listening to George Olson’s version, I did not care for it, nor did I say anything to the person who preferred George Olson’s Version. I just said Okay! I love when people say that have a preference, but don’t elaborate?

I happen to love Fletcher Henderson as I feel black Jazz music is better, than white. Mainly because the black Jazz artists will not get the credit they deserve that white artists do. Again, this is only my opinion everyone is entitled to theirs!

By the way the song in question is “ My Papa don’t two time no time.”

(Double-click the video above or click this link to watch the video on YouTube in HD.)

(Double-click the video above or click this link to watch the video on YouTube in HD.)