Best Edison Dance Music on CD

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Best Edison Dance Music on CD

Post by Valecnik »

If you really like some of the later dance music on Edison disc but can't afford the high prices of these diamond discs or the even more outrageous prices of the Edison needle cut records, pick up these three discs. You won't be disappointed. Plus that alot of them were never released so you can't even find them on vintage Edison Disc! I think they are still available at http://www.diamondcut.com/. I hope you can read the song titles on the scans.

Cheers, Valecnik
Edison Laterals 1 & 2 Front.jpg
Edison Laterals 1 & 2 Back.jpg
Edison Lateral 3 Front.jpg
Edison Laterals 3 Back.jpg

EdisonSquirrel
Victor II

Re: Best Edison Dance Music on CD

Post by EdisonSquirrel »

Some of the above are available from Worlds Records. There are many CD releases of 20s dance music available from this source.

http://www.worldsrecords.com/cgi-bin/st ... ny&x=7&y=6

:squirrel:

Rocky

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

Thanks for the link to World Records. I see some real good stuff there. I'll have to order some :D

richardh

Post by richardh »

Whilst I realised that if you click on the picture once you see it larger, I didn't realise that if you click it again you see it very much larger. Doh! :oops:

So Bruce, if I do this then I can even read the small, small print on those scans :)

RJ 8-)

Valecnik
Victor VI

Post by Valecnik »

Cool, I think you can probably thank ModEth for that, certainly nothing that I could manage. Maybe if you click on it once again very quickly the CD itself will appear!

These three are really great discs.

WDC
Victor IV

Post by WDC »

I do have the two Edison albums which are very nice and well filtered for their age. Just too bad that these have an added echo. Well, it used to be fancy. I am glad that they usually don't use such 'features' anymore. Very interesting selection, though!