Adjusting the Ultona Brunswick Reproducer.

Share your phonograph repair & restoration techniques here
Columbia78
Victor I

Re: Adjusting the Ultona Brunswick Reproducer.

Post by Columbia78 »

I should talk to you sometime about Telefunken portables. I have two of them, and I don't know where you're located but here in the US, Telefunkens are hard to find, as is information about them.

larryh
Victor IV

Post by larryh »

Columbia78 wrote:I should talk to you sometime about Telefunken portables. I have two of them, and I don't know where you're located but here in the US, Telefunkens are hard to find, as is information about them.

You can PM me here on the group if you wish. My poor telefunken will barely play though a short 10" record now and longer ones usually don't make it. I am having trouble with springs evidently loosing power on several machines both large and small. Maybe I played them too much?

Larry

Indyroma
Victor Jr

Post by Indyroma »

Where did you order a new diaphragm? Mine has a slight crack in it, so there is a buzzing sound. The new ones, even if poorer quality, may be better than my damaged one. Thanks!

Indyroma
Victor Jr

Post by Indyroma »

Larryh - Where did you order a new diaphragm? Mine has a slight crack in it, so there is a buzzing sound. The new ones, even if poorer quality, may be better than my damaged one. Thanks!

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

Indyroma wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:58 pm Larryh - Where did you order a new diaphragm? Mine has a slight crack in it, so there is a buzzing sound. The new ones, even if poorer quality, may be better than my damaged one. Thanks!
Notice that Larryh's posting was 6 years ago. Place a wanted ad or make a new posting, asking your question directly to the forum.

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

For a new diaphragm, try:
thephonographshop.com
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

edisonplayer
Victor IV

Post by edisonplayer »

I notice something strange with my Ultona reproducer;it sounds fine on vertical cut Pathé and Edison DDs,but it rattles when I play lateral cut.Why?edisonplayer.

Wes K
Victor I

Post by Wes K »

You may want to check that the diaphragm is centered in the body and not touching it anywhere.