The Talking Machine Forum — For All Antique Phonographs & Recordings

It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NEW Design - Cheap Bluetooth Speaker for phonographs
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:01 pm 
Victor VI
Needle Tins are Addictive
Here is a Bluetooth setup that I made for my Victrola XX. Probably the only Victrola in the world with an Edison bluetooth adapter...

This was made using an Edison cylinder box and a CANZ bluetooth speaker... for $25. It will work on any Victor machine or any other with a removable reproducer similar to Victor or it could be adapted to others. Play any music from your phone, tablet or computer through your Victor machine...

http://www.amazon.com/808-CANZ-Bluetoot ... B00EFS120A

Attachments:
Edison Bluetooth_a.jpg
Edison Bluetooth_a.jpg [ 461.33 KiB | Viewed 1355 times ]
Edison Bluetooth_2a.jpg
Edison Bluetooth_2a.jpg [ 508.98 KiB | Viewed 1355 times ]
Edison Bluetooth_3a.JPG
Edison Bluetooth_3a.JPG [ 6.19 MiB | Viewed 1355 times ]
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

Post subject: Re: NEW Design - Cheap Bluetooth Speaker for phonographs
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:59 pm 
Victor VI
Wow, That's the ultimate most modern upgrade that I have seen!! :P :P
Harvey Kravitz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:18 pm 
Victor III
Say to yourself I am so happy hurray!
I really enjoy playing 1920's jazz on my Victrola 8-12, but I have been having difficulty obtaining quality records for my collection. Frequently I have been out bid on Ebay and in my growing frustration, I remembered this post and decided to give it a try. I purchased the Canz speaker on Ebay for around $18. I was surprised that such a small speaker could produce pretty decent sound. I experimented with my own design for an adapter and found that it sounded much better.
"You can't take the phonographs nor the money with you, but the contentment the phonographs bring may well make your life better, and happier lives make the world a better place."

Last edited by audiophile102 on Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:53 pm 
Victor II
Clickable link for above: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vzNBPJ4Yh0&t=63s

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:20 am 
Victor III
Keep'em well oiled
It is not the first one we see... It seems every collector has felt this need! Other member of this forum made something similar for use at friends gatherings, to avoid continuous changing of records and needles. So you can have continuous ambient dance music of 78s through a Gramophone horn during dinner... I'm thinking of assembling the device and choosing any programme as Radio Dismuke, for instance... Very nice to use an Edison cylinder box!
Inigo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:23 am 
Victor III
Inigo wrote:
It is not the first one we see... It seems every collector has felt this need! Other member of this forum made something similar for use at friends gatherings, to avoid continuous changing of records and needles. So you can have continuous ambient dance music of 78s through a Gramophone horn during dinner... I'm thinking of assembling the device and choosing any programme as Radio Dismuke, for instance... Very nice to use an Edison cylinder box!

I thought that the Edison box was a great idea also until I tried it. I ended up making one out of a sheet of aluminum which worked much better. Check out my evaluation video. I tried to embed the video on the post, but it wouldn't work.
"You can't take the phonographs nor the money with you, but the contentment the phonographs bring may well make your life better, and happier lives make the world a better place."

Last edited by audiophile102 on Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:49 pm 
Victor III
I spent more time refining the design of the adapter. I found a rubber sleeve in my tool room that fit perfectly around the speaker and into my aluminum horn. The sleeve is a plumbing part with a hose clamp. It functions perfectly, but looked terrible so I covered it and the horn with images printed on regular paper. It still looks like something cobbled together, but I'm still happy with the design results. The video is made with a tiny Canon Powershot camera so it's not HD or sound all that great, but I can assure you it sounds pretty good.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0cCkz8Z764[/youtube]