3D Printer

Share your phonograph repair & restoration techniques here
travisgreyfox
Victor IV

3D Printer

Post by travisgreyfox »

I should be getting my new 3D printer in tomorrow (Ender 3 V2) and was wondering if anybody made anything cool, phonograph wise, with theirs. I seen this one guy made a simple piece that allows you to play music from your phone through your record player.

[YouTube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX6d6arCjLc&t=5s[/YouTube]
Last edited by travisgreyfox on Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

poodling around
Victor V

Re: 3D Printer

Post by poodling around »

Great interesting, informative and well presented video - and the person's voice is brilliant.

I have seen someone on here create soundboxes / reproducers using a 3d printer incidentally. I can't remember the link though but they looked very good indeed.

travisgreyfox
Victor IV

Post by travisgreyfox »

poodling around wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:39 am Great interesting, informative and well presented video - and the person's voice is brilliant.

I have seen someone on here create soundboxes / reproducers using a 3d printer incidentally. I can't remember the link though but they looked very good indeed.
That is very interesting. I would love to get my hands on the file that was used to create a new soundbox. I wonder if the kind of filament would affect sound quality at all. I not good enough with CAD software to create my own, but maybe one day.

-Travis

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Post by Inigo »

The colleague who makes the soundboxes is in the forum. I believe he's mrrgstuff
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26237
and he's also in YT, I believe the same name. He has interesting videos showing his designs. He has posted them in the forum.
Inigo

mrrgstuff
Victor I

Post by mrrgstuff »

Inigo wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:30 pm The colleague who makes the soundboxes is in the forum. I believe he's mrrgstuff
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26237
and he's also in YT, I believe the same name. He has interesting videos showing his designs. He has posted them in the forum.
Thanks for the mention, Inigo :D
I've recently built another 3D printed soundbox of a new design. I'm not completely happy with it yet, but it has certain improvements on my last design. I have done a video of it here:
https://youtu.be/A7qNRg3BS5o
There is also somebody else on this forum who has done a whole range of Expert style soundboxes. From memory I think their username is 'Physicist', I will try and check.
Thanks mrrgstuff