Help with Sealing Credenza

Share your phonograph repair & restoration techniques here
CharliePhono
Victor III
Personal Text: "The kerosene record player is not a very efficient device." ~Frank Zappa

Re: Help with Sealing Credenza

Post by CharliePhono »

MarkELynch wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:40 pm Charlie,

Wow, a lot has changed in Look For The Dog. The first (green) edition has early monochrome catalog cuts from the Victor catalog. The latest edition has actual color photos of every machine through 1929 except some special non catalog models. It look Bob many years to find and photograph so many machines. There is more historical and technical information as well. A must for all phonograph collectors! Buy it directly from the author:

http://www.mulhollandpress.com/styled-5 ... index.html

The companion book, The Victor Data Book is also worth buying.

http://www.mulhollandpress.com/styled-5 ... index.html

Many of the questions posted on this forum could be answered by referring to these two books! Go get ‘em!

Mark

Thanks again! I just ordered a new copy of "Look for the Dog." I've no doubt much of the content has changed since 1981!

Best,
Charlie

P.S. I apologize for sort of "hijacking" the thread. As for sealing of Victrola horns, I used the old glycerin/alcohol concoction when I sealed the horn in a VV-4-7. After that experience, I did what a previous poster suggested, which was to simply inspect the horn against a bright light and seal with silicone caulk. Worked like a charm.

Molded
Victor Jr

Re: Help with Sealing Credenza

Post by Molded »

In your case seems like youtube didn't help yet. So, I would recommend checking more forums about these topics. Meanwhile, looking on the internet, I found an exciting website sealwithease.com, and somehow I managed to see there a thread related to your issue. I think it could be valuable if you will check that source. Now, it only depends on you. Suppose you manage to find something and fix it, good for you. And let me know if you find anything.