Request: 1904 Columbia AH Horn measurement

Share your phonograph repair & restoration techniques here
langleycello
Victor Jr

Request: 1904 Columbia AH Horn measurement

Post by langleycello »

Greetings,

I just wonder if anyone can kindly supply me with measurements for a 1904 Columbia AH horn?

I am presently having the tin section to my existing horn remade by a tinsmith as the original has rusted away on one side. The brass bell is fine but I would really value any measurements of the tin section from the point where it interfaces the bell to the narrow end termination.

Also, the diameter of the narrow opening would be good to know and maybe a close-up picture of this end this may help with the remanufacture of the horn. I think there is a step but am not certain?

Thankyou for any consideration.

Kind regards,

Stephen

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Re: Request: 1904 Columbia AH Horn measurement

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

langleycello wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:54 am Greetings,

I just wonder if anyone can kindly supply me with measurements for a 1904 Columbia AH horn?

I am presently having the tin section to my existing horn remade by a tinsmith as the original has rusted away on one side. The brass bell is fine but I would really value any measurements of the tin section from the point where it interfaces the bell to the narrow end termination.

Also, the diameter of the narrow opening would be good to know and maybe a close-up picture of this end this may help with the remanufacture of the horn. I think there is a step but am not certain?

Thankyou for any consideration.

Kind regards,

Stephen
So you did go ahead with reusing the original bell--that's going to be a neat horn when you're done!

fmblizz
Victor IV

Re: Request: 1904 Columbia AH Horn measurement

Post by fmblizz »

See my measurement's and pic's under the machine forum.

blizz