LYO

Share your phonograph repair & restoration techniques here
jamiegramo
Victor III

Re: LYO

Post by jamiegramo »

No it means ‘Love You Only’. I know this because I often get sent it on the dating apps. So perhaps Jerry may be pleased about that? Or a general message to all members of the forum?

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

jamiegramo wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:35 pm No it means ‘Love You Only’. I know this because I often get sent it on the dating apps. So perhaps Jerry may be pleased about that? Or a general message to all members of the forum?
:?

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

jamiegramo wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:35 pm No it means ‘Love You Only’. I know this because I often get sent it on the dating apps. So perhaps Jerry may be pleased about that? Or a general message to all members of the forum?
It definitely means something different than that... AND this isn't a dating website... :? :? :? :lol:
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

Given that the OP hasn't logged in for several weeks now, I suspect it means, "Leaving, You're On-your-own"...

jamiegramo
Victor III

Post by jamiegramo »

Oh gosh, I just hoped my explanation would give a little glow to a thread that had gone a bit flat.

In any event gentlemen members should remember this use of LYO when texting the wife and contemplating bringing another phonograph into the house. :D :D