HMV 102 5B reproducer gasket

Share your phonograph repair & restoration techniques here
Jeb98
Victor Jr

HMV 102 5B reproducer gasket

Post by Jeb98 »

I'm looking for the rubber gasket that attaches to the 5B reproducer to the tonearm of the HMV102. I'm sure this has been discussed but does anyone know where I can find a new gasket?

Best,

Jonas

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Re: HMV 102 5B reproducer gasket

Post by Inigo »

Some sell exact replacements, but what I want to notice, in case you're interested, is that the red rubber rings sold for the Meltrope soundboxes, fit exactly as replacements of this 5A/B rubber neck, with the advantage that having no inner brass ring with the pin, you can adjust the angle of the needle as you want. You have to ask for the thick bore one, the one that fits the 102 and the reentrant tonearms. Besides that, it is softer than the original. The sound with these collars is magnificent! These are sold by chunnybh, and some others.
Inigo

Jeb98
Victor Jr

Post by Jeb98 »

Okay, I wasn't able to find exact reproductions anywhere. I contacted the guy who sells the Meltrope rubber gaskets and he said they are made for Meltrope so they wouldn't work, but it does sound like you could make them work? If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know.

Best,

Jonas

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Post by Inigo »

These also work with 5A/B soundboxes and HMV no 4 etc.
Inigo