Help on Columbia Grafonola what is this model Please

Share your phonograph repair & restoration techniques here
edisonfan64
Victor Jr

Help on Columbia Grafonola what is this model Please

Post by edisonfan64 »

I am asking for any help at all to dertirmin the model of this Columbia Grafonola. I picked this unit up off epay some one placed a motor in it bud drilled hols to mout another motor AGHHH :x , I am going to fill those holes properly or at least try to n use the orignals, What My intentions are is to Locate the proper motor n try to restoe this as to the best of my ability
there is a link below for more pictueres if anyone needs to see more .

Thanks so much before hand I Greatly Appreciate it
Happy Holidays Everyone.

The Phonograph Pictuers link
Columbia Graphonla

http://feed4.tinypic.com/rss.php?ua=8wl ... fdDQ%3D%3D
Attachments
102_3712.jpg

1923VictorFan
Victor II
Personal Text: I'm not better than you, I'm just different from you in ways that are better..

Re: Help on Columbia Grafonola what is this model Please

Post by 1923VictorFan »

I know virtually nothing about Columbia products but it looks like a Columbia Model that I saw online some time back called The "Meteor". I scribbled some notes about it a fw months back because I was looking for information about early Victrolas. It looked similar to a Victor VV-IV.

I may be entirely wrong but maybe if you search for it online it may help. Good Luck!
It's not that I'm better than you. I'm just different from you in a way that's better. - Russel Brand

edisonfan64
Victor Jr

Re: Help on Columbia Grafonola what is this model Please

Post by edisonfan64 »

Yes you are very correct :) After removeing the stop for the platter i found 2 holes that match where a speed control bar one was see pic
Thanks once again now to find what i need hope parts are not to costly
Attachments
102_4364.jpg