Victor Concert

Share your phonograph repair & restoration techniques here
pappde
Victor O

Victor Concert

Post by pappde »

How do you take apart a Victor Concert soudbox?
Last edited by pappde on Sat May 26, 2012 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kirtley2012
Victor IV
Personal Text: Buyer of broken things

Re: Victor Concert

Post by kirtley2012 »

a pic may help

gramophone78
Victor VI

Post by gramophone78 »

delete
Last edited by gramophone78 on Sat May 26, 2012 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pappde
Victor O

Post by pappde »

How do I remove it?

gramophone78
Victor VI

Post by gramophone78 »

delete
Last edited by gramophone78 on Sat May 26, 2012 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

saxymojo
Victor II

Post by saxymojo »

Hi

This type of sound box? To take this apart you will have to sacrifice the mica. First remove the needle bar, then remove the mica by breaking it. Then you need to clamp the reproducer in a vice with wooden jaws, use a wooden dowel and gently tap through where the mica use to be, working in circles close to the outer edge to release it evenly, keep tapping away, just watch that when it comes free that it does not hit a concrete floor :o

Regards Marcel
Attachments
P2040001.JPG

pappde
Victor O

Post by pappde »

gramophone78 wrote:Good question. Just press the "blue "X" mark you see in all your postings. It is located in the bottom right corner of "each post". I will now remove my other post and then this one after you.If you are not able to delete. Just edit your posts with "delete" and the moderator if remove. Then, by all means re-post this topic in "tips & tech" and I'm sure you will get help. :D
Can not find the Blue X

pappde
Victor O

Post by pappde »

Thanks.
I got the answer!
To my original question!!

phonojim
Victor IV

Post by phonojim »

I believe this procedure is described in The Compleat Talking Machine by Eric Reiss. Look for a second or later edition. I Know it is not in the first.

Jim

Yamaphone
Victor O

Post by Yamaphone »

It is possible to disassemble the Victor Concert reproducer without damaging any part by using a simple tool, a diagram of which I have attached. I do not presently have a Concert reproducer so I can not add any dimensions. It is simply a steel tube, bored out on a lathe and anyone who can do this work can easily establish the dimensions as long as they have a Concert reproducer.In use, the reproducer slips into the tool until the edge of the reproducer body contacts the ledge inside the tool. If the tool is struck as shown, the body will naturally want to move to the left, but the inertia of the tube end will want to prevent it from moving and it will be pulled out.It is a handy tool for anyone who works on the reproducers as they can be repeatedly opened if necessary.
I hope the diagram copies clearly.
Dan Zalewski
Attachments
Concert Reproducer Tool.jpg