Youtube

Post links to your phonograph-related site, YouTube channel, or other useful information here
EdisonSquirrel
Victor II

Youtube

Post by EdisonSquirrel »

Many of us upload our favorite cylinders and discs on Youtube. The site has become a major player in the dissemination of old recordings.

Here's a partial list of Youtube channels that contain pre-1930 records:

fuzzbear 6240
gramophoneshane
ragtimefreak86
jazzbaby1973
victrola1906
kspm01
pax41
ThomasAlva
Edisonsquirrel
amdubin
agesagomusic
victrolaman1
Desdemona202
maroongem
phonatic
Paal994
phonophilo
EdisonC250
edisonphonographs
Bigband78

And there are many more!

Rocky

EdisonSquirrel
Victor II

Re: Youtube

Post by EdisonSquirrel »

I've learned that Youtube member kspm01 (Patrick) is no longer on Youtube. I don't know what happened, but this isn't the first time that a great Youtube channel devoted to older music has disappeared. Patrick had uploaded hundreds of great songs from the 20s and 30s.

Patrick is now on another video site: dailymotion.com, and uses the name "kspm0220s". I'm not crazy about this site, as there are too many pop-ups, but I will check in from time to time to hear Patrick's new uploads.

:squirrel:

Rocky

EdisonSquirrel
Victor II

Post by EdisonSquirrel »

Also, "Pax41," who posts records on Youtube covering the period from about 1910 to 1930, has also started uploading songs on the Dailymotion site under the name "Vintagemusicman."

:squirrel:

Rocky

Althazarr

Post by Althazarr »

Hello, I'm rather new to the 78 online community, but if you're interested, my youtube site is:
youtube.com/althazarr

I have all genres of music from the early 1900's to the early 1950's and 78s are posted everyday. I've got 2 victrolas and two modern turntables that I record with. There's about 150 I've done so far. 1926VictorCredenza directed me here and this seems like a great site. Hope you enjoy the music I have.

1926CredenzaOwner
Victor II

Post by 1926CredenzaOwner »

!
Last edited by 1926CredenzaOwner on Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

JHolmesesq
Victor II
Personal Text: Nashville nightingale, sing a little tune for me, croon for me...

Post by JHolmesesq »

Anybody thought about Atticus70? Not only does he have the entire bix 78 jazz output remastered, he also has a high quality of E+ or thereabouts early Armstrong and Annette Hanshaw :)

JHolmesesq
Victor II
Personal Text: Nashville nightingale, sing a little tune for me, croon for me...

Post by JHolmesesq »

I should also add that he has remastered the metal master of the Tram, Bix and Eddie (In Their Three piece Band) mother of "For No Reason At All In C", with good speakers you can close your eyes and the sound quality is such that it's as if they're in the room. The clearest Bix song you'll ever hear

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

I agree he has some great stuff on YouTube.

I don't have alot uploaded to youTube, 40 something, mostly Edison dance and some jazz on diamond disc and cylinder.

Link is below. If you are interested just click on it. My youTube Channel is Cylinderphonograph. :monkey:

Edisonfan
Victor V
Personal Text: Invention is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration

Post by Edisonfan »

http://www.youtube.com/user/Edisonfans19

Okay, here is my YouTube Chanel. I have been a member of YouTube since March. I showcase some of my phonographs, as well as other records. Plus useful tips, tricks and commentary.

Please Check it out!

Paul

jerry20874
Victor Jr

Post by jerry20874 »

I just have 2 videos up so far but am in the process of making more. It's going to be a little different. I want to do Biography's in brief of artists from the era and How-to's. Does anyone mind if I link The Talking Machine Forum in the videos as well?

http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePhonographCorner
Classic Cars: BMW 850i