Posting My Early 78s

Post links to your phonograph-related site, YouTube channel, or other useful information here
Phonolad
Victor Jr

Posting My Early 78s

Post by Phonolad »

I am recording all of the records which belonged to my grandmother's stepmother from 1914-1935 on her phonograph and posting them here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjmdBc ... bQlXdRlB0A
The records and the machine have hardly been touched over the decades. I tried my best to get the best video and audio I could. I'm using a nice external microphone but the phonograph reproducer has never been rebuilt and buzzes a little on some of the high notes. I've been jumping around with the order a little but I will get back to the earliest ones once I finish posting the later ones. There are 46 records (92 sides) in total and I am trying to post one side every day. I have them all, plus the ones from after 1935 which I can't play on the acoustic phonograph, catalogued in a google doc if anyone is interested in seeing the full collection.

Thanks for listening. I'm happy to be able to share these!

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Re: Posting My Early 78s

Post by Inigo »

Thanks for that. This is always curious and interesting. Besides that, being a complete collection 'with a story' makes it double interesting.... What a luck!
I never inherited my grandparents gramophone and collection, despite being the only known member of the family interested in gramophones since a very little boy.... That collection went to my faraway cousins in Canary Islands, and I've never had news about any of them having the smallest interest on it... I suspect all this is there (if it is still there...) stored away in the house and poorly forgotten... All those records with the writings and signatures of my father and uncles on the sleeves.... :cry:
Inigo

Phonolad
Victor Jr

Post by Phonolad »

Inigo wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:03 pm Thanks for that. This is always curious and interesting. Besides that, being a complete collection 'with a story' makes it double interesting.... What a luck!
I never inherited my grandparents gramophone and collection, despite being the only known member of the family interested in gramophones since a very little boy.... That collection went to my faraway cousins in Canary Islands, and I've never had news about any of them having the smallest interest on it... I suspect all this is there (if it is still there...) stored away in the house and poorly forgotten... All those records with the writings and signatures of my father and uncles on the sleeves.... :cry:
I do feel lucky to have ended up with it. That's too bad they shipped your grandparents' stuff so far away to collect dust. I hope at least some of the collection ends up in your hands one day so it can come back to life and be appreciated.

Inigo
Victor VI

Post by Inigo »

I hope so... My cousin's know about my hobby...
Inigo

gunnarthefeisty
Victor III
Personal Text: Started collecting in August 2020, small collection of records

Post by gunnarthefeisty »

Phonolad wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:19 pm I am recording all of the records which belonged to my grandmother's stepmother from 1914-1935 on her phonograph and posting them here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjmdBc ... bQlXdRlB0A
The records and the machine have hardly been touched over the decades. I tried my best to get the best video and audio I could. I'm using a nice external microphone but the phonograph reproducer has never been rebuilt and buzzes a little on some of the high notes. I've been jumping around with the order a little but I will get back to the earliest ones once I finish posting the later ones. There are 46 records (92 sides) in total and I am trying to post one side every day. I have them all, plus the ones from after 1935 which I can't play on the acoustic phonograph, catalogued in a google doc if anyone is interested in seeing the full collection.

Thanks for listening. I'm happy to be able to share these!
I love the channel. You should contact Wyatt Markus to get your reproducer overhauled- it will sound marvelous!

Inigo
Victor VI

Post by Inigo »

Very nice! ;)
Inigo