FOR SALE: Outstanding Original 1901 BRANDED Case Edison Gem Model A Phonograph- $850

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
FellowCollector
Victor IV

FOR SALE: Outstanding Original 1901 BRANDED Case Edison Gem Model A Phonograph- $850

Post by FellowCollector »

You'll search a long time and far and wide to find a NICER original circa 1901 'Branded Case' Edison Gem Model A Phonograph.

I've included a video which pretty well describes this unusually nice original condition early Edison Gem. Of interest is the unique end gate and unique reproducer. The original nickel plating on this is marvelous with some very small oxidation spots on the mandrel. It plays very nicely but the reproducer could use some rebuilding. The cone horn is not original but is an excellent replacement of an original 10" cone horn. The only possible drawback is the lid which has some veneer missing on the top and the finish is dark and spotty. I'm hoping to add some still pictures soon. This is one of the most difficult to find of the Edison Gem models and is the ONLY one I've ever found 'in the wild' in over 30 years. PM, PayPal Friends or check, USPS additional at cost.

Thanks,
Doug

(Double-click the video above or click this link to go to the video on YouTube.)

Attachments
IMG_7596.JPG
IMG_7597.JPG
IMG_7598.JPG
IMG_7599.JPG
IMG_7600.JPG
IMG_7601.JPG
IMG_7602.JPG
IMG_7603.JPG
IMG_7604.JPG
IMG_7605.JPG
IMG_7607.JPG

FellowCollector
Victor IV

Re: FOR SALE: Outstanding Original 1901 BRANDED Case Edison Gem Model A Phonograph- $850

Post by FellowCollector »

Revised price $750. This is a nice original Edison Branded Case Gem model A phonograph and a very hard model to find in this condition.

Doug

Phono-Phan
Victor V

Re: FOR SALE: Outstanding Original 1901 BRANDED Case Edison Gem Model A Phonograph- $850

Post by Phono-Phan »

Very Nice!!!! I am surprised it hasn't sold yet. I would be tempted if I didn't already have one.

ericreiss
Victor Jr
Personal Text: Collector, author

Post by ericreiss »

Hi. Consider it sold. I LOVE it! PM me or email me at er@fatdux.com and let's get this done :)