WANTED: transportation--Randolph, OH to Washington, DC area

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
drh
Victor IV
Personal Text: A Pathé record...with care will live to speak to your grandchildren when they are as old as you are

WANTED: transportation--Randolph, OH to Washington, DC area

Post by drh »

I'm buying a Pathé open horn machine from the good folks at Intertique in Randolph, Ohio; I live in the Maryland suburbs of Washington, DC. The machine, particularly the horn, is too fragile to trust to a commercial carrier. If anyone here would happen to be traveling from there to approximately here and would be willing to do the transportation honors, I would love to discuss particulars. Not looking for a freebie (although I wouldn't turn one down! ;) ); I'll happily compensate. Thanks to anyone who can lend a hand!

drh
Victor IV
Personal Text: A Pathé record...with care will live to speak to your grandchildren when they are as old as you are

Re: WANTED: transportation--Randolph, OH to Washington, DC area

Post by drh »

Bumpus maximus--still need help moving that machine from there to here. Anyone?

Incidentally, just to be clear, as long as the machine comes to within a day's round trip from here, I am happy to meet up. While I certainly wouldn't object to it, door-to-door isn't necessary, in other words.

drh
Victor IV

Post by drh »

Still hoping the machine can hitch a ride with someone....

emerson
Victor III

Post by emerson »

Try Craig's list---ride share. There are people traveling and might be able to help.

drh
Victor IV

Post by drh »

emerson wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:21 pm Try Craig's list---ride share. There are people traveling and might be able to help.
Thanks for the suggestion, although I would much prefer to keep things "in the family," as it were--especially since I've already had one embarrassing, seriously good-will-sapping, er, foul-up with a non-phono-person retained to collect it. (Long, tedious story that I won't belabor here.)

drh
Victor IV

Post by drh »

Thanks to forum member Charles (cweastlick), the Pathé machine is now safely living at my house. It will need routine maintenance work before I try playing it, and I'll wait to post photos until it's had servicing, but I think it makes a good show.

If any other members need transportation, I have nothing but good things to say about the way Charles handled the whole evolution.

Thanks, Charles!

Oh, by the way, is there any way I can change the title of this thread from "Wanted" to "Found" or some such? Explanations welcome!

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Post by Inigo »

Maybe you still can edit the original posting... Edit the subject...
Inigo

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

drh wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:19 pm
Oh, by the way, is there any way I can change the title of this thread from "Wanted" to "Found" or some such? Explanations welcome!
If memory serves you can only edit your post within 30 days. Looks like you just missed the deadline!