Wanted: Victor Horn - No. 30 smooth or no.31 "spearpoint" or large petaled horn or 24B all brass or after market

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Wanted: Victor Horn - No. 30 smooth or no.31 "spearpoint" or large petaled horn or 24B all brass or after market

Post by Valecnik »

Victor Horn - No. 30 smooth or no.31 "spearpoint" or large petaled horn or 24B all brass or after market

Needs to be in excellent condition. If it happens to have a machine attached, well so be it.

JeffR1
Victor III

Re: Wanted: Victor Horn - No. 30 smooth or no.31 "spearpoint" or large petaled horn or 24B all brass or after market

Post by JeffR1 »

Why not get one from Don ?

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Re: Wanted: Victor Horn - No. 30 smooth or no.31 "spearpoint" or large petaled horn or 24B all brass or after market

Post by Valecnik »

JeffR1 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:12 pm Why not get one from Don ?
Not to disparage Don's horns but I was looking for interesting super clean original horn equipment for the Vics III - VI.

JeffR1
Victor III

Post by JeffR1 »

Valecnik wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:41 am
JeffR1 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:12 pm Why not get one from Don ?
Not to disparage Don's horns but I was looking for interesting super clean original horn equipment for the Vics III - VI.
Few of those on eBay as you know, but one has to have deep pockets.
Any horns that are around here as you describe, especially the Victor brass horn, it gets held onto for trading up to better prizes.

Like this, or Raphael usually has some nice ones for sale.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124486594196?h ... Swk-pf14Tk

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184152226223?_ ... %3A2563228

Anyways, it doesn't hurt to post _ I'll leave you alone now. 8-)

Raphael
Victor IV

Post by Raphael »

The eBay listings you refer to are complete machines that come with horns.

I don't have any horns for sale......in fact I am always looking for nice horns to buy.

Raphael

JeffR1
Victor III

Post by JeffR1 »

Raphael wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:00 pm The eBay listings you refer to are complete machines that come with horns.

I don't have any horns for sale......in fact I am always looking for nice horns to buy.

Raphael
He did say if it happens to have a machine attached.
I think he's just going to have to wait, nice original horns don't come up that often, and as you know, they are kept to create machines from spare parts.

Everyone's sitting on their hoard until one comes along. :lol:

I would like to know exactly what project he's working on.
He must have something pretty nice that he would be willing to sacrifice a complete machine just to get the horn.

Valecnik
Victor VI

Post by Valecnik »

JeffR1 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:45 pm
He did say if it happens to have a machine attached.
I think he's just going to have to wait, nice original horns don't come up that often, and as you know, they are kept to create machines from spare parts.

Everyone's sitting on their hoard until one comes along. :lol:

I would like to know exactly what project he's working on.
He must have something pretty nice that he would be willing to sacrifice a complete machine just to get the horn.
No I wouldn't be sacraficing any complete machine to get the horn. If I were to find a particularly nice machine with an attractive horn, the combo would just become part of the collection. :)