SOLD: Edison Standard - Mint condition

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
kendphono
Victor II

SOLD: Edison Standard - Mint condition

Post by kendphono »

This is the Edison Standard Phonograph, Model A, New case style. It is the BEST Standard that I have ever seen. It has an Oak case and lid, both of which are in excellent condition. The front of the case has the original banner decal which is in excellent condition. It has a 2 foot, after market Analyzing horn that is also in fair condition. It has dings and dents. These can be taken out by a music shop that repairs musical band instruments. They can also polish the brass bell. The horn is supported by a crane mounted on the Back of the case. The phonograph plays 2-minute wax cylinders and has a Model C rebuilt reproducer with a good stylus. The phonograph comes with 12 cylinders.

The phonograph is completely original with no replacement parts. It has a beautiful original finish and there is no damage to the case or lid. The phonograph has been completely restored. The motor has been taken apart, cleaned, and sparingly lubricated. The top mechanism has been taken apart, cleaned, polished, and lubricated. The entire mechanism has been adjusted and plays perfectly. This machine is in mint condition. I don’t believe you could find a cleaner machine.

The horn is 10” longer than the one originally provided with the machine, which was a 14” horn. A smaller reproduction horn, identical to the original can be provided in place of the 2’ horn, if desired. The large horn provides much more volume than a small horn.

I am asking $525.

This item is preferred for local pick-up. Arrangements can be made for shipping, packing and insurance at the buyer’s expense. All must be paid for in advance.

Ken Danckaert
Attachments
a.jpeg
b.jpeg
c.jpeg
d.jpeg
IMG_0814.jpeg
IMG_0817.jpeg
IMG_0818.jpeg
IMG_0820.jpeg
IMG_0821.jpeg
IMG_0823.jpeg
IMG_0828.jpeg
Last edited by kendphono on Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

zenith82
Victor II

Re: For Sale Edison Standard - Mint condition

Post by zenith82 »

Where are you located?

Phono-Phan
Victor V

Post by Phono-Phan »

Wow!!! That is very nice. It should sell fast.

kendphono
Victor II

Post by kendphono »

I am located in Maryland near Annapolis.

Ken

zenith82
Victor II

Post by zenith82 »

PM sent.

kendphono
Victor II

Post by kendphono »

Sale pending