WANTED Victor 10-50 Turntable

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
MarkELynch
Victor II

WANTED Victor 10-50 Turntable

Post by MarkELynch »

Looking for a good original or one of Wayne’s (Victrola-monkey) replica turntables for the Victor 10-50 Automatic to complete a restoration.

Please reply with photo and price.

Thanks!
Mark
1st gen new turn table a.jpeg
1st gen new turn table e.jpg

MarkELynch
Victor II

Re: WANTED Victor 10-50 Turntable

Post by MarkELynch »

Well, no turntables have shown up yet so it may be time to fabricate some replacements.

I have prepared manufacturing drawings for one made from standard aluminum shapes as Wayne has done. The drawings are ready to go out for quotes. I’m fearful that the quotes will be higher that us collectors may wish to pay though.

I am looking into traditional sand casting and final machining as an alternate. Quotes for production by metal sintering or investment casting are out of the ballpark although the end result would be a near-net shape product that would require little post process machining.

What is the perceived value of a part needed to make your 10-50, 9-55, etc work properly again?

This is the culmination of an 18 months project to produce replacement parts for the first style changer. Full drop-in parts sets should be available by late spring or summer.

Please contact me by email if you need a turntable so I can gauge the demand.

Thanks,
Mark
4652823B-603A-4B25-A066-191148E4AEC8.jpeg
1F6E0327-4ECE-4B34-9A77-6B6D02E1F7CC.jpeg

gunnarthefeisty
Victor III
Personal Text: Started collecting in August 2020, small collection of records

Re: WANTED Victor 10-50 Turntable

Post by gunnarthefeisty »

MarkELynch wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:32 pm Well, no turntables have shown up yet so it may be time to fabricate some replacements.

I have prepared manufacturing drawings for one made from standard aluminum shapes as Wayne has done. The drawings are ready to go out for quotes. I’m fearful that the quotes will be higher that us collectors may wish to pay though.

I am looking into traditional sand casting and final machining as an alternate. Quotes for production by metal sintering or investment casting are out of the ballpark although the end result would be a near-net shape product that would require little post process machining.

What is the perceived value of a part needed to make your 10-50, 9-55, etc work properly again?

This is the culmination of an 18 months project to produce replacement parts for the first style changer. Full drop-in parts sets should be available by late spring or summer.

Please contact me by email if you need a turntable so I can gauge the demand.

Thanks,
Mark
4652823B-603A-4B25-A066-191148E4AEC8.jpeg
1F6E0327-4ECE-4B34-9A77-6B6D02E1F7CC.jpeg
You know, some places do 3D printing with metal. I think that's cheaper than getting truly cast/machined pieces, though I haven't looked into it as much as I should.