FOR SALE: FAIRY LAMP PHONOGRAPH Price lowered $1450

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
erunltd
Victor II

FOR SALE: FAIRY LAMP PHONOGRAPH Price lowered $1450

Post by erunltd »

Offering a Liberty Fairy Lamp Phonograph made by the Endless-Graph Manufacturing Co., 42 00-02 West Adams Street, Chicago, Ill; later known as the Fairy Phonograph Lamp Co. Most of the restoration work has been done so mostly just rewiring and assembly. The last photo shows an area in the rear base that should be smoothed (tapped) out probably by an instrument repair shop. Easy access to make the repair from the bottom inside. A final polish will make the copper / brass body sparkle. There is a small crease in the lid which can easily be smoothed out. The motor works smoothly and the suspension springs and hold down bolts are included. The original light and motor switch stem is in excellent shape. The finial needs a ¼" threaded extension to hold the shade securely (the shade frame is slightly too thick to allow it to reach the thread). The internal wood horn has been restored and refinished. The reproducer is original and has new gaskets so it sounds great. The turntable felt is original. The shade has a small area in the lining that needs to be mended or sewn. The Statute of Liberty is in excellent shape and has no breaks or damage. These are often missing or damaged. Too many projects so a new owner can take this rarity over the finish line.

Price: $1450.00 + Shipping. First posted SOLD
Attachments
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG
10.JPG
11.jpg
12.JPG

erunltd
Victor II

Re: FOR SALE: FAIRY LAMP PHONOGRAPH Price lowered $1450

Post by erunltd »

Bump . . . Price lowered

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

This is an early model with the brass arm finials and elbows (later made of pot metal). If I didn't already have one, I would be interested. Not much to do to complete it... and a good price.
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

erunltd
Victor II

Post by erunltd »

Thanks for comment Curt. So far, Collectors are missing the boat on this one.
These don't turn up in this nice a condition these days.

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

A working motor is a huge plus... they are not generic and would be impossible to find one. Mine was a complete basket case with a non-working motor and it cost $900 to get it rewound and working. The dents in the lower part are not that difficult to repair and the brass and copper parts are high quality... I love mine. Also most that I have seen are missing the original reproducers... another difficult find.
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife