Need an Edison phonograph

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Sherazhyder
Victor II
Personal Text: Another Gramophone Enthusiast

Need an Edison phonograph

Post by Sherazhyder »

Hello ! Is there an Edison phonograph available for sale with any of the fellow members here? My present collection includes British and Swiss gramophones. I want to add to it an Edison gramophone model that is most popular, economical and functional. The purpose is to own a specimen of these cylinder players. I am not looking for anything which is antique and very expensive. A friend of mine will visit USA next month and buy for me on my advice. Looking forward to hear from you. Thanks and regards
Sheraz

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Re: Need an Edison phonograph

Post by Jerry B. »

I suggest your first Edison be a machine that plays both two and four minute cylinders. That gives you the flexibility to play most any cylinder you find. There have been threads here on the Forum debating the merits of the Home, Fireside, and Standard models and you can't go wrong with any of those that are in good shape. I will have several at the Antique Phonograph Society Midwest Expo next month. My machines will be in the $400 range.

Jerry B.
Attachments
E5F78152-FCDA-45FC-ADC5-09CDAE2FC23F.jpeg

KCW
Victor II

Post by KCW »

A great resource would be www.4-4time.com. Many great options. Reliable seller always!

Sherazhyder
Victor II

Post by Sherazhyder »

Jerry B. wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:41 am I suggest your first Edison be a machine that plays both two and four minute cylinders. That gives you the flexibility to play most any cylinder you find. There have been threads here on the Forum debating the merits of the Home, Fireside, and Standard models and you can't go wrong with any of those that are in good shape. I will have several at the Antique Phonograph Society Midwest Expo next month. My machines will be in the $400 range.

Jerry B.
Thanks Jerry for your proposal . I will send you a private message to discuss more about it. Thanks
Sheraz

Sherazhyder
Victor II

Post by Sherazhyder »

KCW wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:54 am A great resource would be www.4-4time.com. Many great options. Reliable seller always!
Hi ! Thanks for your kind assistance.
Best regards
Sheraz