Phonograph toy wanted

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Confettihead
Victor Jr
Personal Text: www.johnsojourner.com

Phonograph toy wanted

Post by Confettihead »

Hello,

I will be giving my mother a Brunswick machine for Christmas. My sister woudl like to give her a dancing phonograph toy to go along with it but can't really afford the $95 price tag that the reproductions command. Does anyone have a reproduction of one of these that they would consider selling my sister at a lower price? Please PM me if so.
Thanks!
Jonathan

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Re: Phonograph toy wanted

Post by Jerry B. »

Who is currently making reproductions? Jerry

Confettihead
Victor Jr
Personal Text: www.johnsojourner.com

Post by Confettihead »

I don't know but there are many of them on Ebay for $95.00

Yamaphone
Victor O

Post by Yamaphone »

I thought it would be helpful to say something regarding the reproduction dancing phonograph toys. In addition to Ebay,these toys can be purchased directly from me, the maker, for somewhat less than the Ebay price.(Currently $80.00 + postage)My name is Dan Zalewski and I have been making and selling these toys on and off since around 1970.Ebay has been very helpful in reaching buyers and many people like the convenience and protections they offer, but there are fees for this.If anyone is interested in buying direct, I do have a website (www.victrolatoys.com) that gives information about the toys,how to order,my email,phone no. etc. I can also supply repair parts for original toys. Feel free to call. I would like to add that these toys are precisely made in USA of quality materials to function well and to be durable.

Dan Zalewski
Rosendale, NY

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

Dan, Thanks for your post. Collectors occasionally find original dancing figures and need a base. Are your power unit bases compatible with original dancers? Jerry Blais

Yamaphone
Victor O

Post by Yamaphone »

Yes, the bases I make are the same as the originals. I don't stamp them on the bottom (National Toy Co. etc.) as a way to identify them as reproductions. Otherwise, they look the same as originals.
I have a few separate parts for sale on ebay such as the bases,weights and spindle clamps. These parts are not on my website,but they also can be purchased direct at a somewhat lower price by calling or emailing me. I can also supply any other parts such as arms and legs that are also sometimes missing from original toys.
Dan Zalewski