FOR SALE: Thorens Excelda governor gear - $75.00

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
ldelin
Victor Jr

FOR SALE: Thorens Excelda governor gear - $75.00

Post by ldelin »

I have a few replacements available for the fiber governor gear in Thorens Excelda portables.
These are made of industrial strength poly/resin, instead of the old, brittle fiber material.
In the photos, the white gears are the new replacements; and the old brownish fiber versions are shown for reference only.
A limited number of these gears were made specifically to replace the stripped and/or cracked fiber gear that keeps so many Exceldas out of service. If you have a running Excelda, that fiber gear is at least 70 years old if it hasn't been replaced. I have one of these in my own Excelda, and it performs better and smoother than the original. I spent over a year looking for this gear.
If you need one of these gears to get your Excelda running properly again; or to keep as a spare, please send me a PM. They are $75.00 each + $10.00 S&H inside the US.

Les Delinski
Attachments
gear2.jpg
gear2.jpg (119.38 KiB) Viewed 1028 times
IMG_8763.JPG
IMG_9054.JPG
IMG_9053.JPG

Gatyam
Victor I

Re: FOR SALE: Thorens Excelda governor gear - $75.00

Post by Gatyam »

Take it from someone who has looked high and low for a replacement fiber gear for an Excelda; they just don't seem to be out there. My impression is that these gears are notorious for excessive wear and/or cracking, so if you own or are thinking of owning one of these cute little machines, I recommend that you contact Les. He's done a great deal of good work to faithfully reproduce these gears.

Just my two cents,

Rich

Roaring20s
Victor V
Personal Text: Those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who could not hear the music. Nietzsche

Re: FOR SALE: Thorens Excelda governor gear - $75.00

Post by Roaring20s »

I like my Excelda and like to use it on occasion.
I received my gear from Les, and will keep it as a spare.
It's been years since anyone has them available.
Don't miss this opportunity. :coffee:

James.