SOLD: Project Oak Edison Opera

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Dustie89
Victor III

SOLD: Project Oak Edison Opera

Post by Dustie89 »

Hello Fellow Forumn Members

Up for sale is an oak Edison Opera. I'm going to start with the issues, mainly cosmetic.

The horn appears to be repro, at least the elbow, wood bell has a small repair. Has a repro stop adjustment and repro unpainted gear cover. No screws for gear cover. Machine could use refinishing and bedplate paint. The diamond A reproducer is rough and has a slight bend in the neck. Although it clears the record, I'm always Leary when removing records though. This is how I purchased the machine, and it was missing a front corner post. I was lucky enough to find an original post. There is a screw that when removed the post would just glue on nicely. The speed control needs a little work. Matching S/N on dataplate and bedplate. What impressed me about the machine was the motor and mechanics which are pretty sound. It plays great!

Here is a video showcasing the machine and you can here it play. Any issues viewing just message me and I can get it to you.
https://youtu.be/6KUG9KYkorE

I hate to see this machine go and was an intended project, I'm just out of room and time. If someone took the time to address the cosmetic issues they would have a great machine. Not to mention the potential to make some money. I hope someone out there can bring it back! Great opportunity to own an opera.

$2,700

If you have any questions please email or pm me.

Email: Theedisonexchange@gmail.com

Email or pm with interest or first to say sold gets it.

Shipping:

I'd prefer not to ship but I can deliver for free to the Wayne Show. I'm taking a road trip from Texas to the Wayne show and up into NY State. If You are along the way and buy it I can also drop it off at no charge. Just get with me before you buy it and I'll check a map to see if it's doable. I can also hold it until Union and deliver for free.

Thanks
Dustin Ellis
Attachments
IMG_6298.JPG
IMG_6299.JPG
IMG_6303.JPG
IMG_6304.JPG
IMG_6305.JPG
IMG_6305.JPG
IMG_6306.JPG

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Re: SOLD: Project Oak Edison Opera

Post by epigramophone »

I envy the new owner, but what was the cylinder being played on the video? I collect WW1 records and I want to find a copy of this one!

Roger.

travisgreyfox
Victor IV

Post by travisgreyfox »

epigramophone wrote:I envy the new owner, but what was the cylinder being played on the video? I collect WW1 records and I want to find a copy of this one!

Roger.

I second both notions. I would like this record on disc format.

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

travisgreyfox wrote:
epigramophone wrote:I envy the new owner, but what was the cylinder being played on the video? I collect WW1 records and I want to find a copy of this one!

Roger.

I second both notions. I would like this record on disc format.
That's BA 3402, "Camp Songs of the US Army, No. 1". Its companion (No. 2) is on BA 3403. Together they are found on DD 80385.

travisgreyfox
Victor IV

Post by travisgreyfox »

Thank you for that. :coffee:

Dustie89
Victor III

Post by Dustie89 »

That is correct! It was just the closest I had around.

NEFaurora
Victor IV
Personal Text: "A Phonograph in every home..."

Post by NEFaurora »

I do detect some Billy Murray in those songs...for sure..!

Tony K.

Edison Collector/Restorer