WANTED: Pageless storage Albums

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
drh
Victor IV
Personal Text: A Pathé record...with care will live to speak to your grandchildren when they are as old as you are

WANTED: Pageless storage Albums

Post by drh »

I'm looking for reasonably priced 12" storage albums like the one pictured below. (The one on eBay for $25 plus shipping I don't deem "reasonably priced"!) I want the open box style shown, not the kind with sleeves bound in. I live in Silver Spring, MD, a suburb of Washington, DC., and am willing to do a local drive to pick up; otherwise, shipping will be the order of the day. Thanks for any leads!

[Edit: Spines need not match, or even be close; my purposes are purely utilitarian.]
Attachments
album 2.JPG
album 1.JPG

drh
Victor IV
Personal Text: A Pathé record...with care will live to speak to your grandchildren when they are as old as you are

Re: WANTED: Pageless storage Albums

Post by drh »

'Tis the season to bump. The eBay listing listed in the original write-up is long gone, but my desire to pick up a few of these storage albums persists....

drh
Victor IV

Post by drh »

I Faw Down an' Go...Bump.

electrolaman 64
Victor II
Personal Text: Look for the Dog

Post by electrolaman 64 »

Thanks for you last post. Nice poke!

Why I am here though I am after as many of the Victor leather bound albums as I can find. Both 10" and 12" and they can be in any condition as far as the leather. I will pay $25.00 each for them.

Carlton Smith
electrolaman 64
Attachments
IMG_7456.jpg
victor-victrola-leather-albums_1_cc4062ea66daba3da69e8175836db51d.jpg
victor-victrola-leather-albums_1_cc4062ea66daba3da69e8175836db51d.jpg (39.29 KiB) Viewed 1311 times
Carlton Smith
Indianapolis, IN

electrolaman 64

OrthoSean
Victor V

Post by OrthoSean »

I can Help the last poster...

Sean

drh
Victor IV

Post by drh »

Though not one of the ghoulies, nor of the ghosties, nor of the long-leggedy beasties, and though the time is far from a braw bricht moonlit nicht, nonetheless, this goes...

BUMP!

drh
Victor IV

Post by drh »

As I have recounted in a thread in "Machines" (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50732), I have now learned these albums date to the 1950s and were sold by a company called H. Royer Smith of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, as storage for LPs. Nonetheless, the 12" size works well for Pathé records, and I could still use a few more if anybody happens to be looking to part with them.