WANTED: Gear for Brunswick motor

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
AFPORTO
Victor Jr
Personal Text: A brazilian phonograph fan

Re: WANTED: Gear for Brunswick motor

Post by AFPORTO »

CharliePhono wrote:Well, this is what I get for bragging on the forum the other day about my Brunswick Seville. I've had it for two years, and being that it was under 100 degrees today, I decided to finally service the motor outside on a work table. The usual: clean, oil, clean springs and barrels, repack with grease, etc. All was going swimmingly until I reassembled the motor, inserted the crank (still outside on my work table) and lo and behold, spring barrel #1 would not engage. I'm used to such scenarios, and after disassembly and inspection, I see the lip/flange on the pictured gear just gave up the ghost such that the spring now won't catch and wind. As I haven't had a decent workshop or tools in years (very rudimentary setup for working on motors), I attempted with the tools I had, in this case a jeweler's file, to diligently and methodically file enough metal away to ostensibly make enough of a new lip for the spring to catch. No dice. So, if anyone out there might have one of these lying around, I'd be in the market. Thanks for reading and hope someone can help. This machine is the one I use all the time in my living room and I'm a little lost without it!
Hi CharliePhono, could you please give me some help? I bought a Brunswick Seville too and I am having problems with the motor and the springs. When you serviced the springs and reassemble them, in what position did you put them: clockwise or counterclockwise, since both work in tandem ? Thank you !!