WANTED: VICTOR II TONE ARM OR PART FOR MINE

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Spadanny
Victor Jr

WANTED: VICTOR II TONE ARM OR PART FOR MINE

Post by Spadanny »

I am restoring my first phonograph and the tone arm I have that came with the machine looks like the attached photo - it is missing the "cross head" part.
I need to find a complete tone arm or the missing part that I can have attached to the piece I already am working with. Can anyone help direct me toward finding this or does anyone here have the pieces I need? :)
Thanks,
Danny
Attachments
this is what i have so far
this is what i have so far
IMG_20190901_172758569.jpg
IMG_20190901_172749694.jpg

barnettrp21122
Victor IV
Personal Text: "Did you ever stop to think that pleasure is a duty?" (Victor sales pamphlet)

Re: I NEED A VICTOR II TONE ARM OR PART FOR MINE

Post by barnettrp21122 »

George Vollema is a well-known repair and parts person. I'd try him first:

http://www.victroladoctor.com/

Good luck with your project. Your Vic II should turn out very well!
Bob
"Comparison is the thief of joy" Theodore Roosevelt

His Master's Voice Automatic 1A Exponential Gramophone Demonstration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi70G1Rzqpo

miker2001
Victor II

Post by miker2001 »

The deck doesn’t look like oak. Shouldn’t it be?

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

The cabinet is all Oak. The pictures aren't clear, but is Oak. The "deck" you are referring to, is the table, the machine is sitting on. For the cross piece, a junk Victrola arm will be right for this. This is the one with the large screw. Also, the goose neck that comes with this tone arm, will be correct, also. The cross piece can easily be removed and soldered or brazed to your original arm.
Harvey Kravitz
miker2001 wrote:The deck doesn’t look like oak. Shouldn’t it be?

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

A authentic Victor II tone arm is rather difficult to find. If yours is real it should be easier to find the parts that are missing. There are some Victrola arms that are very similar but a slightly different in length when compared to an actual Victor II arm. Jerry B.

Spadanny
Victor Jr

Post by Spadanny »

Phonofreak wrote:The cabinet is all Oak. The pictures aren't clear, but is Oak. The "deck" you are referring to, is the table, the machine is sitting on. For the cross piece, a junk Victrola arm will be right for this. This is the one with the large screw. Also, the goose neck that comes with this tone arm, will be correct, also. The cross piece can easily be removed and soldered or brazed to your original arm.
Harvey Kravitz
miker2001 wrote:The deck doesn’t look like oak. Shouldn’t it be?
Thank you for responding. You are both correct. That is the table under the tone arm (not oak), rather than the Victor Cabinet (oak). Sorry the pics aren't clearer.

Harvey, when you said "a junk Victrola arm will be right for this. This is the one with the large screw etc..." what were you referring to? Did you mean to suggest a specific Victrola arm that would fit the parts I have? I was looking at an arm for a Victrola VV-IX with that very thing in mind and I concluded that the parts were probably too different in size. I'd be greatful for any guidance.

Danny

Spadanny
Victor Jr

Post by Spadanny »

Jerry B. wrote:A authentic Victor II tone arm is rather difficult to find. If yours is real it should be easier to find the parts that are missing. There are some Victrola arms that are very similar but a slightly different in length when compared to an actual Victor II arm. Jerry B.

Thanks for the response. Do you happen to know which arms might retro-fit a Victor II?

Danny

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

Personal message (PM) sent. Jerry B.

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

I should have been more clear. Your arm shown is the correct one for your Victor II. You have the hard part. The cross piece(tube) can be used from a Victrola pre 1917. The gooseneck from a Victrola VIII or IX will be too long. If you can locate a Victrola IV or VI, the gooseneck will be the right size. And the tube will be correct, also. The tube, gooseneck, and large screw will complete your tone arm, and will be correct. Like Jerry said, a complete arm is scarce, and will cost big bucks.
Harvey Kravitz

phonojim
Victor IV

Post by phonojim »

I believe I have the parts you need. They are from a different, longer arm, but compared with the arm on my Humpback Vic II, they look like they will fit. Pix in a couple of hours, after my camera batteries charge. Yours for shipping. Picture added.

Jim
Attachments
Untitled-1 copy.jpg