FOR SALE: Columbia BI Sterling Phonograph $800, or Offer?

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

FOR SALE: Columbia BI Sterling Phonograph $800, or Offer?

Post by JerryVan »

A very nice BI, Sterling. The case has been refinished. Has a very nice color and presents very well. The decal is wrong for this machine, but the good news is, that it was applied on top of the finish and should be easy to remove. The crank is a reproduction. The horn has very decent plating that would benefit greatly from a good polishing. Some wrinkles in the horn panels, but nothing major. The motor runs perfectly and has excellent gears. The turntable felt has been replaced. This has been in my collection for many years, but now needs to make room for others.

Can deliver to the Nov. Stanton's auction on Saturday. Payment either in advance or in cash, at the auction. Pick-ups at my home in Harrison Twp., MI are also o.k.

Please respond via PM. First response that states "SOLD" gets it, pending payment.

Price is $800.00
Attachments
DSC04986.JPG
DSC04985.JPG
DSC04984.JPG
DSC04983.JPG
DSC04982.JPG
DSC04980.JPG
DSC04979.JPG
DSC04978.JPG
DSC04977.JPG
DSC04976.JPG
DSC04975.JPG
DSC04974.JPG
dsc04973 (3).jpg
Last edited by JerryVan on Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Re: FOR SALE: Columbia BI Sterling Phonograph $800, or Offer

Post by JerryVan »

Don't be afraid to make an offer. I promise I won't be insulted. :)

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

Well, it appears that there is interest in this BI, judging by the number of views it's gotten. However, something seems to standing in the way of its purchase.

Let me know what it would take to make this deal more interesting to you. I'm open to offers, suggestions, requests, etc. Price? Shipping options? A yearly Birthday card? :)

Thanks!

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

That decal should chip off in a hurry. I bought a little BN Graphophone with one of those on it and it was so easy to scrape it away--then it needed refinishing anyway because it had been butchered in the 1980s.

Honestly, it looks like a project. Give it a restoration. They're over 100 years old so they'll all be projects, and if anyone wants one of the most beautiful phonographs ever made, then this is the one.

(Am unemployed at the moment, and not buying large expensive phonographs. But this is one that we all need to watch!!)

Dave D
Victor IV

Post by Dave D »

I can't believe this has not been snatched up! If I did not already have one, I would be interested. Such an easy project for such a nicely styled machine!
Dave D

SteveM
Victor II

Post by SteveM »

I keep coming back to look at it, wondering why on earth it's still here, when it seems not THAT much worse off than mine for which I paid triple that price :lol: :cry:
“The cup of tea on arrival at a country house is a thing which, as a rule, I particularly enjoy. I like the crackling logs, the shaded lights, the scent of buttered toast, the general atmosphere of leisured cosiness.”

P. G. Wodehouse

davidjensen
Victor Jr

Post by davidjensen »

Maybe the issue is local pickup only option?

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

I would consider shipping it. If that helps any... :)