Refinished Edison Fireside Bedplate $50 + shipping (Pending)

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
EarlH
Victor III

Refinished Edison Fireside Bedplate $50 + shipping (Pending)

Post by EarlH »

I've had this bedplate for 35 years or so and I decided to buy a set of decals for it and see how it would turn out. I have nothing more than what you see in the pictures. It was in a pail full of nails that I bought at an auction. The ID tag was in the bucket along with the nails, but nothing else and all the decals were completely gone. It turned out pretty good I think, but it's not perfect. It is very glossy, but that will change some as it get used, et. If you look closely at the pictures, you can see the pinstripes moved a little bit for some reason when the topcoats of lacquer were sprayed on. Maybe I'll try doing this again sometime and see if I can get that figured out. All that aside, if you have a fireside that has a horrible bedplate, this might work for you. I have no set screws, no gear cover or even the right escutcheon pins. I just put the ID tag back on with some small cotter pins so it wouldn't get lost. If you have any questions do feel free to ask. I hope I'm not way out of line with the price, I'm really not trying to get rich on this venture. Haha! Thanks now, Earl.
Attachments
DSC00983.JPG
DSC00980.JPG
DSC00979.JPG
DSC00978.JPG
DSC00977.JPG
Last edited by EarlH on Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mormon S
Victor III
Personal Text:     Martin     "phono_fluff" on instagram

Re: Refinished Edison Fireside Bedplate $50 + shipping

Post by Mormon S »

Wow! The price is great. If you match this up with a nice case and some good condition upper parts, it would be a show piece. Excellent job.

Martin

gsphonos
Victor II

Post by gsphonos »

I would like it—I have a Fireside with a bed plate that is toast. I was going to re-do it, but you’ve saved me all the work!

Mike Sorter
Riverside, CA 92508 (if you could give me an idea about shipping cost)

EarlH
Victor III

Post by EarlH »

Mike,
I'll get it boxed up and send you a private message. Thank you! I'm glad you can use it. Earl.

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Re: Refinished Edison Fireside Bedplate $50 + shipping (Pend

Post by Jerry B. »

If mike is not in a hurry I'd be happy to take it to him in August at no cost. Jerry Blais

gsphonos
Victor II

Re: Refinished Edison Fireside Bedplate $50 + shipping (Pend

Post by gsphonos »

Thank you Jerry! But, I already sent payment and it is all packed up and ready to be sent. Actually, it is to replace a bedplate on a Fireside project machine I got from you many years ago! This is yet another reason it is always a pleasure to deal with other collectors on the Forum. Thanks again!

Mike Sorter
Riverside, CA