SOLD: Peter Pan Camera-Type Portable Complete $135

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Crank_it_up
Victor III

SOLD: Peter Pan Camera-Type Portable Complete $135

Post by Crank_it_up »

I'm offering some recent finds mostly portables for sale. This one is a Peter Pan camera type phonograph in a black leather-like case. It is complete but for some reason I cannot get all of the parts to fold up inside the case. The crank fits the winding shaft but it seems a little long so maybe it is not correct and causing issues getting it all tucked inside?? It runs and plays fine but the speed control and on/off switch don't seem to be operating as they should. I didn't do anything except dust it off, assemble it and it runs OK. See the pictures for details. The leather strap is intact and the condition of the outside is nice. The crank escutcheon doesn't appear to be correct but does fit the crank. I am open to offers on all of the machines as a package deal and save on shipping. Shipping will be actual costs. Payment is preferred to be check or money order but PM for options. PM for more pics or commit to buy. Thanks, Joe
Attachments
IMG_3048.JPG
IMG_3049.JPG
IMG_3051.JPG
IMG_3050.JPG
IMG_3056.JPG
IMG_3052.JPG
Last edited by Crank_it_up on Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

anchorman
Victor II

Re: FOR SALE: Peter Pan Camera-Type Portable Complete $165

Post by anchorman »

Will this play 12” records?

Orchorsol
Victor IV

Post by Orchorsol »

The crank (winding handle to us Brits!) is a monkey puzzle to fit into my earlier type Peter Pan until you know which of 4 ways round and side-to-side positioning is correct. By coincidence I uploaded a video of it today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrLJqU2LU-Q Fantastic little machines, for what they are. By our standards over here, that's a seriously attractive price for yours!
BCN thorn needles made to the original 1920s specifications: http://www.burmesecolourneedles.com

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe4DNb ... TPE-zTAJGg?

Crank_it_up
Victor III

Re: FOR SALE: Peter Pan Camera-Type Portable Complete $135

Post by Crank_it_up »

anchorman wrote:Will this play 12” records?
While a 12” record fits and the reproducer reaches far enough, the mechanism is not capable of playing all the way through. As described the brake and or speed control are not working properly so possibly the spring is fine or possibly it’s a combination of problems. Here’s a pic of it with a 12” record atop. Yes the machine is underneath. Thanks, Joe
Attachments
B49705A8-CF5D-4B1D-A1EA-A2D45C06A33A.jpeg

Crank_it_up
Victor III

Post by Crank_it_up »

Price dropped to $135
Thanks, Joe

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

Crank_it_up wrote:Price dropped to $135
Thanks, Joe
Pm sent.
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.