WANTED: EDISON BUSINESS PHONOGRAPH CARRIAGE OR COMPLETE ONE

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
phonohound
Victor II

WANTED: EDISON BUSINESS PHONOGRAPH CARRIAGE OR COMPLETE ONE

Post by phonohound »

This may be difficult, but I'm looking to find a complete carriage for an Edison Business Phonograph Model C or D (wood cabinet models.) Most specifically, there is small metal attachment that is u-shaped and is screwed to the bottom of the carriage and holds a long rod attached to a hook-shape guide. Hopefully, the photos will do a better job of showing what I'm looking for. A complete carriage or even a complete machine for sale may work. If you have anything, please let me know. Much appreciated.

Thank you.

Scott
Attachments
Edison Business - Model D (4)-LR.jpg
Edison Business - Model D (3)-LR.jpg
Edison Business - Model D (8)-LR.jpg
Edison Business - Model D (6)-LR.jpg
Edison Business - Model D (5)-LR.jpg
Edison Business - Model D (7)-LR.jpg

cosmo666
Victor Jr

Re: WANTED: EDISON BUSINESS PHONOGRAPH CARRIAGE OR COMPLETE

Post by cosmo666 »

Good to see someone else working on an early business phonograph. I looked in my box of parts when I put my machine together and I have a carriage but, and its a big but, that piece you are looking for is not on it. There is however a bed plate and carriage on ebay under business phonographs. It appears by the photos that it may have what you are looking for. I've dealt with the seller before and they are good folks.

phonohound
Victor II

Post by phonohound »

Thank you Cosmo. I am pretty close to completing an all-original Business Phonograph set up with crane, horn, pedestal, etc. Besides the part mentioned above, I'm also looking for the foot pedal and adapter to connect to the phonograph, as well as the pencil and ruler set up. Hopefully, I will post this in the Featured Phonograph section someday :)

If you have any of these items, please let me know.

rgordon939
Victor V

Post by rgordon939 »

Here are some pictures of my Edison Business Machine Model-D from 1905. Horn, Crain, original plug all sitting in lid in last picture. Machine runs and plays great. All original.

Rich Gordon
Attachments
8CEB4849-9244-4A47-871A-93F029C5D1E9.jpeg
249D906C-6D9B-4CC1-BB89-863DE1F5A08B.jpeg
3E59EF87-50C6-4DA2-983C-87E9C24AD351.jpeg
8B89902F-E985-4151-9059-50057958DA0D.jpeg

phonohound
Victor II

Re: WANTED: EDISON BUSINESS PHONOGRAPH or CARRIAGE

Post by phonohound »

Thanks Rich.

I've seen pics of yours before. Nice example. Do you have any pics of the whole machine set up with the horn and crane? Does yours also have a working guard? Do you have a foot pedal?

phonohound
Victor II

Post by phonohound »

Regarding the Business Phonograph parts ad on eBay, the parts I need do not function so this will not work for my purposes. If anyone has a complete phonograph for sale, please let me know.

Thank you.