SOLD Only 1 Left - New Vulcan Copies of BA #5648 Purple $80

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
john9ten
Victor II

SOLD Only 1 Left - New Vulcan Copies of BA #5648 Purple $80

Post by john9ten »

Hello All

We have had a very limited number of copies made of Blue Amberol 5648, "I'm Wild About Horns on Automobiles" performed by Jack Dalton and his 7 Blue Babies in 1928, manufactured specially by Vulcan in England. The cylinders were made with a purple resin similar to Edison Royal Purple Amberol records. See photos below. The sound quality is excellent and you can play these on any equipment capable of playing Blue Amberol cylinders. I play mine on an Amberola V.

There are only 5 records left, each in maroon boxes with an authentic Clarence Ferguson label attached. Ferguson was the last Edison dealer. He had worked in the Edison factory from the cylinder days onward, and became a dealer in Wisconsin. After the end of Edison's record business, Ferguson bought all the parts and records he could find from the factory and other former dealers and continued selling new Edison merchandise through the 50s and 60s, earning him the title of "The Last Edison Dealer". He had these labels printed for his record boxes.

The price is $80 plus $6 in the United States for media mail shipping and insurance. I estimate foreign shipping to be approximately $25-$30 depending on the country.
Attachments
PA1.jpg
PA5.jpg
PA6.jpg
PA4.jpg
PA2.jpg
PA3.jpg
Last edited by john9ten on Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Stephen_Madara
Victor III
Personal Text: www.glassphonohorns.com

Re: Only 2 Left - New Vulcan Copies of BA #5648 in Purple $8

Post by Stephen_Madara »

hi john I will take one. will facebook message you. Stephen madara

pianolist
Victor I

Re: Only 2 Left - New Vulcan Copies of BA #5648 in Purple $8

Post by pianolist »

I would like one also.

Sent a PM.