SOLD - Original Mikiphone - $200

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Re: FOR SALE - Original Mikiphone - $200

Post by Curt A »

One reason this has not sold is that it's missing the turntable and speaker. I emailed the guy in Germany who supposedly makes reproductions and no reply after several weeks...
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Re: FOR SALE - Original Mikiphone - $225

Post by brianu »

VanEpsFan1914 wrote:
brianu wrote:200, plus postage... respectfully, I’m just wondering whether these machines are of no interest, if the missing parts are a deterrent, or if this isn’t cheap enough. I’ve seen these in similar condition sell for a good deal more.
Being in college makes it difficult to go for the machines like this that I like & would purchase. Doubtless other folks are feeling a bit of the same--CovID-19 situation has run the discretionary income a lot of people have, down. And that makes it difficult.

Good items (like this Mikiphone) will find a buyer. It's just that it may not be as quick a sale as we've been used to.

Good luck on it, and I hope your Mikiphone will be on its way somewhere shortly.

Thanks. Like Raphael, I’ve actually sold several things over the past five to six months... so I wasn’t really questioning the market for machines in general, just this one specifically. I’m figuring it’s just because it’s not complete... at times I prefer to buy things that way as they can be a bargain if you have have or know where to find the parts. And regarding college, I get it, I couldn’t afford any of this stuff back then.

Brian

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Re: SOLD - Original Mikiphone - $200

Post by brianu »

Sold. Thanks.