WANTED: Let's Have Another Cup of Coffee

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
atopolosky
Victor Jr

WANTED: Let's Have Another Cup of Coffee

Post by atopolosky »

Looking for a nice copy of "Let's Have Another Cup of Coffee." It was done by a number of artists. Any out there?

Al

pallophotophone
Victor II

Re: WANTED: Let's Have Another Cup of Coffee

Post by pallophotophone »

In my not so humble opinion- Find a copy of Fred Waring and His Pennsylvanians version- Scroll Victor 22936. "Soft Lights and Sweet Music" on the flip. Recorded with RCA's ribbon mics. - Great sound ! Vocals by Chick Bullock and the 3 Waring Girls on "Coffee" -- Vocal by The 3 Waring Girls on "Music".

There's one other that came to mind." Face the Music Medley" Brunswick 20106 with Victor Young and Brunswick Orchestra It has "Soft Lights and Sweet Music"- Vocal by Bing Crosby on "Soft Lights", "On A Roof In Manhattan" "Manhattan Madness" "Lets Have Another Cup of Coffee" Vocal by Fran Frey on "Coffee" "I Say It's Spinach" and "Soft Lights And Sweet Music"

Glenn Miller's version uses updated WW2 lyrics-but is very special in it's own way. Highly recommended !
Last edited by pallophotophone on Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Post by Inigo »

I only knew about the Glen Miller version, with Modernaires and Ernie Cáceres... I've got a surplus copy on Bluebird, but I live in Spain, and postage back to America would prove prohibitive!
Inigo

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

This version might be my favorite: Enric Madriguera (1932) - Let’s Have Another Cup O’ Coffee (Richard Barry, vocal)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRzPJS1dpQg
I like Waring's version, also... I'm not a fan of the Glenn Miller version... :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 10.25.43 PM.png
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Post by Inigo »

NIce.... One of my favourite records is madriguera's version of Carioca b/w Orchids in the moonlight. My grandpa had this record, and I culd buy another copy many years ago! Issued on spanish REGAL label, associatedd to USA and UK Columbia since 1923. In 1935 they lost the UK Columbia (EMI) side, but continued with the US Columbia contract. Nevertheless, I think they never issued any american Columbia sides after 1935, as those were contracted to EMI, and were issued in Europe through the EMI branches.
Inigo

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

Coffee and pie made me think of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEP3oTbODT8
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

Skihawx
Victor III

Post by Skihawx »

My favorite version is Fred Waring and his Pennsylvanians on Victor 22936.
Great record if you can get it.