REPOSTED: Edison Fireside B w/cygnet horn - $750

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Phonomark
Victor II

REPOSTED: Edison Fireside B w/cygnet horn - $750

Post by Phonomark »

Fellow Forum Members-

Today, as another winter time project for your consideration, I am offering an Edison Fireside Model B with a cygnet horn. Serial No. 104016. The Model B is the 4 minute version of the Fireside. The photos will speak to the condition of this machine, but here's some important observations:

The Good:
  • Original finish on the case and lid. Case is nice with tight joints and bedplate frame.
    Original Edison script decal
    Beautiful bedplate paint and the pinstriping is close to 100%
    Original nickel plating with some wear on the mandrel
    Strong motor and spring
    Has the Diamond B reproducer in a horizontal carriage
    Complete with crank and back bracket
    Nice original black 10-panel horn....little paint loss and only a few dents. Presents well.
    Original elbow
The So So:
  • Motor will require servicing, tuning, and lube
    Reproducer will need to be rebuilt. The linkage is too long. Plus should check the diamond for wear.
    There's two unexplained holes in the top of the reproducer. Have no idea as to why.
    Mandrel wear as noted above...about 40% worn off.
    The cygnet horn has it's original black paint, but someone in the past touched up or repainted the gold stripes on the ribs. Doesn't look bad, but it's not original
The Bad:
  • The lid has a significant veneer chunk missing. Could be repaired with some effort. But lids are stored in closets anyways....right?
    Lid also has a trim separation and the finish doesn't match the case very well...a little shade or color difference. But lids are stored in closets anyways....right?
    The crane is a reproduction, and it's a bad reproduction to boot. I've never seen such a bad reproduction. Buyer should plan on replacing the crane with a higher quality reproduction or an original one.
All in all this is a good winter time project.

I have taken lots of photos. PM me if you seriously interested and I'll get you more photos.

Asking $750 plus the cost of packaging and shipping via Fed Ex.

This will require two boxes. Machine will be carefully boxed and horn will have a special, custom-made box. Cost of shipping across the country from 94954 will run between $150-175.

Personal check preferred payment on this one.

Mark
Attachments
Fireside B - 13.jpg
Fireside B - 16.jpg
Fireside B - 09.jpg
Fireside B - 06.jpg
Last edited by Phonomark on Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Phonomark
Victor II

Re: FOR SALE: Edison Fireside B Project w/cygnet horn - $850

Post by Phonomark »

Asking price reduced to $850

Phonomark
Victor II

Re: FOR SALE: Edison Fireside B Project w/cygnet horn - $850

Post by Phonomark »

Asking Price Reduced to $800