WANTED: Victrola 10-35 Grill

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Re: WANTED: Victrola 10-35 Grill

Post by JerryVan »

GregVTLA wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:00 pm I will be able to pick this machine up toward the end of the month if all goes to plan. That will get me the grille and a replacement back, which was a secondary need since it's just on the back. Possibly very exciting!
I asked the seller to show the photo with the doors open. They messaged me back saying that they had done so and asked for a best offer. Just FYI... Best to you getting your hands on it. :)

GregVTLA
Victor III
Personal Text: Greg

Post by GregVTLA »

Thank you Jerry!

I have the seller’s email now to ditch the eBay fees, so maybe he’ll feel better about a lower offer with no fees or taxes to deal with. Cutting out the middle man.

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

GregVTLA wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:38 pm Thank you Jerry!

I have the seller’s email now to ditch the eBay fees, so maybe he’ll feel better about a lower offer with no fees or taxes to deal with. Cutting out the middle man.
Happy to help!

Show us the final product, once yours is complete.

GregVTLA
Victor III

Post by GregVTLA »

The guy is being decently difficult at $160. Maybe I can wear him out, but if he doesn’t budge by the end of the summer then he won’t have a sale as I’ll be in college. Just one of those things, I can always wait out another.

Greg

barnettrp21122
Victor IV
Personal Text: "Did you ever stop to think that pleasure is a duty?" (Victor sales pamphlet)

Post by barnettrp21122 »

GregVTLA wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:26 am The guy is being decently difficult at $160. Maybe I can wear him out, but if he doesn’t budge by the end of the summer then he won’t have a sale as I’ll be in college. Just one of those things, I can always wait out another.

Greg
One more reason to wait: the grillcloth is not correct and it would be nearly impossible to find something that looks original.
Bob
"Comparison is the thief of joy" Theodore Roosevelt

His Master's Voice Automatic 1A Exponential Gramophone Demonstration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi70G1Rzqpo

GregVTLA
Victor III

Post by GregVTLA »

Also the grille itself is edited. It looks easy to fix but I’m not paying $160 for it. Maybe if it was PERFECT with original cloth.