For Sale: New BakerTone copper diaphragms

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
edisonclassm
Victor II

For Sale: New BakerTone copper diaphragms

Post by edisonclassm »

Exciting Announcement! New BakerTone copper diaphragms for your Edison Model-C, H & K reproducers are now available in limited supply.
If anyone out there is old enough to remember the legendary reproduction Model-C, H and K reproducers made by Paul Baker back in the 80’s, now available for the first time since they were manufactured, you will be able to have installed in your original Edison C, H and K reproducers, the fabulous BakerTone copper diaphragm! When playing an old recording, good sound reproduction comes from a reproducer equipped with a fresh new diaphragm that has maximum compliance. Old original diaphragms have hardened and stiffened with use and age causing the sound output to diminish considerably. The new BakerTone copper diaphragm is made to precise original specifications so as to maximize the sound output and have a superb tonal quality. So if you are a discriminating collector who enjoys listening to your cylinder records with original equipment, this should be a must have for your Edison C, H and K reproducers. The price of this outstanding diaphragm is only $75.00 installed with return shipping. That will include a complete overhaul of your reproducer which entails meticulously cleaning and adjusting as well as installing the new BakerTone copper diaphragm, a new BakerTone diaphragm link, rotating and resetting the sapphire stylus. With a new BakerTone copper diaphragm installed in your reproducer, you will hear your cylinders like you’ve never heard them before! Any other repairs needed to your reproducer can be done at a modest additional cost so contact us for a quote. Inquiries about this exciting offer can be made at Classm@roadrunner.com
Attachments
IMG_4919.jpg
IMG_4916.jpg

outune
Victor IV

Re: For Sale: New BakerTone copper diaphragms

Post by outune »

Paul- Glad you are offering these- I may have to take stock of my reproducers.
Paul's reproducers from the 80's were outstanding. I still have a few and they sound great-- nearly 40 years later.

Wow! 40 years! I think I just heard my knees creak.... :-)

Brad Abell

edisonclassm
Victor II

Post by edisonclassm »

Wow! Brad we go back a long way! I wish the only thing that creaked were my knees!(Hehe) Thanks for the endorsement!

phonospud
Victor I
Personal Text: Expert antique musical box & phonograph repairs for 40 years

Post by phonospud »

I’m very surprised no one else has commented positively on this. Crickets.......Paul’s parts and repairs are second to none. Period. No one else commits the attention to engineering detail to the level that Paul does. I know I will be improving every reproducer I can get my hands on. The complete reproducers he made years ago out perform the original ones! Try and find one nowadays, they’re all absorbed into collections.
Finest in music box and phonograph restorations for over 40 years

edisonclassm
Victor II

Post by edisonclassm »

Thanks Darren for your endorsement. I will be glad to restore and install the BakerTone diaphragm in any C,H,or K reproducer you send me!

edisonclassm
Victor II

Post by edisonclassm »

BTW. One of my Model-H reproducers is being offered on eBay for anyone who is interested.
eBay item number:124635164839

JimN
Victor I

Post by JimN »

I can attest to the quality of Paul Baker reproducers. I sold most of my phonograph collection, but kept my Baker Model K reproducer. It is so much nicer than the originals that I sold.

Jim Nichol
Last edited by JimN on Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

c5fan
Victor I

Post by c5fan »

What is the turn around time presently? Thanks

edisonclassm
Victor II

Post by edisonclassm »

within the week after I receive whatever you send.

cleveland1996
Victor III

Post by cleveland1996 »

Hi everyone....

Just had to stop for a minute and comment on some reproducers that Paul just finished...absolutely amazing!! Talk about making a machine sing....This man can work on anything....There will be no disappointments in letting him work on your machine..Paul is truly THE master craftsman of these machines..

Thanks for the great work Paul!!

Joe Cleveland