FOUND: Repro back bracket for a VV 4-3 orthophonic

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
nessie
Victor Jr

FOUND: Repro back bracket for a VV 4-3 orthophonic

Post by nessie »

Looking for a reproduction ortho back bracket for a VV 4-3 (consolette). I believe it is smaller than the other ortho back brackets, Please PM with price & picture. Thanks.
Last edited by nessie on Wed May 12, 2021 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MarkELynch
Victor II

Re: WANTED: Repro back bracket for a VV 4-3 orthophonic

Post by MarkELynch »

Nessie (and others),

When searching for Victor parts it is always a good idea to post the serial number of your machine. Victor machines went through many iterations. For example, there are two versions of the tone arm support you are seeking. The earliest one was the self supporting version without the overhead support pin, the later ones had the overhead pin. Some parts are unique to a particular model and iteration, other parts are used widely across the entire product line. Again, posting the serial number will increase your chances of finding the right part.

Mark

electrolaman 64
Victor II
Personal Text: Look for the Dog

Re: WANTED: Repro back bracket for a VV 4-3 orthophonic

Post by electrolaman 64 »

Hello!

The only person who makes reproduction back brackets for the 4-3 Consolette Orthophonic is Justin Staub who owns JAS Antiques in Canton, OH. He does make both the common standard 2 ¾" base and the Larger base for the 4-3 Consolette. He usually charges $79.90 including the shipping. He sells on Ebay under JAS Antiques.

If you do not see the brackets in his Ebay store, you can contact him with the information below to ask if he has any of the Consolette brackets made and in stock at present. These are very quality cast aluminum reproductions and I have used them for many Orthophonic Victrolas and early Electrolas in my collection

www.jasantiques.com
shaubja@jasantiques.com
(330) 936-4842

Best regards,
Carlton Smith
Indianapolis, IN
Carlton Smith
Indianapolis, IN

electrolaman 64