OFF MARKET: CLASS M EDISON AJAX COIN-OP

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Raphael
Victor IV

OFF MARKET: CLASS M EDISON AJAX COIN-OP

Post by Raphael »

I have recently received this Edison Ajax. It comes from a long-time collector who has not played it even once in the past 30 years. He told me that he was afraid of it!

Quite frankly, so am I. It appears to be complete, with original DC motor and modern convertor/transformer. No batteries. The oak case is in excellent condition. The horn is an original Ajax horn, supplied by Paul Baker. The replacement marquee sign paper insert was garciously supplied by Shawn O'Rourke.

So, as this was purchased by me strictly for resale, I have the choice of a professional servicing (and repairs if necessary) or selling it now as-is, untested. I will NOT be plugging it in until Wyatt Marcus, who has extensive experience with these, comes in July or August to my house in Florida to do what's necessary. He also says that if sold by then, he will be available to do the same for the new owner.

Other negatives about the machine are as follows:

-missing locks and keys for upper and lower sections

-replaced coin box

Of course, the main positive about this machine is the rarity and desirability. Once I get it up and running, the offer of $35,000 is no longer valid, so act now if you want a bargain. I can pack and ship it anywhere.

Please contact me only via email; I cannot respond to PM's.

Raphael
Last edited by Raphael on Thu May 13, 2021 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rgordon939
Victor V

Re: FOR SALE: CLASS M EDISON AJAX COIN-OP $35,000

Post by rgordon939 »

Wow, what a beautiful machine. This would certainly be the centerpiece of any collection. I think the asking price is very reasonable for such a rare machine.

Rich Gordon