WANTED: Edison C200 Crank

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
mcardozo1
Victor Jr

WANTED: Edison C200 Crank

Post by mcardozo1 »

Hello everyone!

I recently bought an Edison C200 Phonograph and super excited to get it running again. I'm very new to this and have very close to zero knowledge for these machine. I do love them though and want to start learning about them. I recently bought this Edison machine for $200 and found another Victor Talking Machine in my town for $200 and I asked myself why not and got both. My Victor machine works and sounds great, but the Edison one does not. I want to rule out what could be wrong with my C200 machine and I think it came with the wrong crank when I bought it.

Would any of you have a crank for this machine? How much do those go for?

Thank you!!

Dischoard
Victor II
Personal Text: Born in the wrong century...

Re: WANTED: Edison C200 Crank

Post by Dischoard »

Just trying to help diagnose the issue, what makes you think it's the crank that's not working properly? Is there a soft "tick" when you wind it up? Does the turntable move at all? I wonder if it might be a broken spring in the motor or something else?

mcardozo1
Victor Jr

Post by mcardozo1 »

Hi there!

So I just want to rule out to see if its not the spring. I have a Victor talking machine, and the crank that came with the Edison machine works with the Victor machine. Supposedly, from what I've been told it shouldnt work with the Victor so I want to know if the Edison came with the wrong crank, if not, its probably the spring.

So the crank doesnt grab on, it feels like it wants to and barely moves but lets go almost instantly. I can move the spring with my hand but it doesnt move with the crank.

Thank you for your question! Im totally new to all of this.

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

I've asked you twice to kindly post a photo of your Edison crank. Seeing it would tell us what you've got and what the issue might be.