WANTED: Spring barrel shaft or pin/Victor X

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
CharliePhono
Victor III
Personal Text: "The kerosene record player is not a very efficient device." ~Frank Zappa

WANTED: Spring barrel shaft or pin/Victor X

Post by CharliePhono »

After finally getting into the motor of the Victor X table model, I sadly saw where the encircled pin was sheared off at some point. Would anyone have said pin or even an entire shaft for sale? Please & thank you!
Attachments
IMG_0897.JPG
IMG_0897.JPG (118.35 KiB) Viewed 182 times

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Re: WANTED: Spring barrel shaft or pin/Victor X

Post by gramophone-georg »

CharliePhono wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:16 pm After finally getting into the motor of the Victor X table model, I sadly saw where the encircled pin was sheared off at some point. Would anyone have said pin or even an entire shaft for sale? Please & thank you!
Charlie- BTDT- tap it out with a hammer and small punch and use an appropriate diameter nail trimmed down.
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

gramophone-georg wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:54 pm
CharliePhono wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:16 pm After finally getting into the motor of the Victor X table model, I sadly saw where the encircled pin was sheared off at some point. Would anyone have said pin or even an entire shaft for sale? Please & thank you!
Charlie- BTDT- tap it out with a hammer and small punch and use an appropriate diameter nail trimmed down.
What Greorg said...

Or, take the remaining bit to a hobby shop where they'll have steel rods of various diameters and lengths. Match up the diameter, buy one of those, cut to length, presto!

CharliePhono
Victor III
Personal Text: "The kerosene record player is not a very efficient device." ~Frank Zappa

Post by CharliePhono »

JerryVan wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:08 pm
gramophone-georg wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:54 pm
What Greorg said...

Or, take the remaining bit to a hobby shop where they'll have steel rods of various diameters and lengths. Match up the diameter, buy one of those, cut to length, presto!
Thank you, George and Jerry!