SOLD: Edison B80 $400 firm

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
cheryla
Victor II
Personal Text: YouTube: Dyslexic Genius Hurt

Post by cheryla »

Fully restored Edison B-80 phonograph in excellent condition, circa 1912. Plays very well, with new spring, total ground up restoration. These were made for about one year. Amazing belt-driven machine.
Local pick-up or buyer arranges shipping.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Last edited by cheryla on Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Garret
Victor IV

Re: For Sale: Edison B80 $400 firm

Post by Garret »

Is the veneer on the lid original? It is mahogany? If so, it is unusually nice for this model.

Garret

fmblizz
Victor IV

Re: For Sale: Edison B80 $400 firm

Post by fmblizz »

I'm not a Diamond Disc person but is I was closer I'd own it... that's a beauty.

Blizz

cheryla
Victor II

Sold: Edison B80 $400 firm

Post by cheryla »

Sold

cheryla
Victor II

Post by cheryla »

cheryla wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:10 am Fully restored Edison B-80 phonograph in excellent condition, circa 1912. Plays very well, with new spring, total ground up restoration. These were made for about one year. Amazing belt-driven machine.
Local pick-up or buyer arranges shipping.

Raphael
Victor IV

Re: SOLD: Edison B80 $400 firm

Post by Raphael »

I bought this machine back in May and just picked it up about two weeks ago. I’m glad not only that I bought it, but by personally picking it up it provided me with one of those amazing visits that will never be forgotten.

First of all, Brett and Cheryl were as gracious and accommodating as could be, taking care to show me their lovely home and collection. It turns out Cheryl and I had a lot of common in our alternate lives as Homeowner Association officials and we could have spent days comparing notes and stories.

But I must say, Brett’s restoration skills are amazing. He showed me various machines that he takes apart down to the last nut and bolt, doing machine work to tolerance levels that exceed that of the original factory specifications. It definitely is a labor of love, when comparing the hours and skills required to the end-value of the machines; this B80 being a prime example.

Not only does Brett accomplish a lot on his own, he has sourced local people who can do what he can’t, such as hand pin-striping, plating, etc. The machines in his collection evidence all of this work.

Brett does take in outside work, gladly gives restoration advice, etc. Don’t hesitate to contact him, he’s the kind of fellow who is glad to help.

I wish I had more time to spend with Brett and Cheryl, but had to hit the road after a few hours. I hope to return!

Raphael