FOR SALE; PARTING OUT BRUNSWICK 135 Price Inquire

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
tictalk
Victor II

FOR SALE; PARTING OUT BRUNSWICK 135 Price Inquire

Post by tictalk »

Hi , I am parting out a very uncommon Brunswick Walnut 135, Everything on the machine is available to help you complete a machine you may be wishing to restore, the large 4 spring motor is complete and working, tonearm and reproducer functional, unit has , name plate, lid hardware, unusual horizontal pull out record drawers, lid lock etc. Any of the often missing wood trim can be removed if you are in need, the trim could also be used on a mahogany model. The grill is complete but has some damage , sadly the nail in the coffin on this machine was that the original lid had been replaced at some point with a lid from another Brunswick upright. PM if interested in any parts and I will give you a price, or buy the whole machine. Thanks Larry
Attachments
Photo Jul 18, 8 03 51 AM.jpg
Photo Jul 18, 8 03 42 AM.jpg
Photo Jul 18, 8 03 33 AM.jpg

emerson
Victor III

Re: FOR SALE; PARTING OUT BRUNSWICK 135 Price Inquire

Post by emerson »

Hey, Just my opinion---but don't part it out, just because of the lid. That would be a trophy in any collection to have. If my opinion falls on deaf ears----AND I hope it doesn't, then I would be interested in the needle cups. Thanks---Hopefully for not parting it out. ----Herb

AZ*
Victor IV

Post by AZ* »

Since the seller has offered to sell the complete machine, those who don't think it should be parted out are certainly welcome to purchase it. My guess is, however, that because of the lid, any offers received will be very low. In its current state, it is probably worth more as a parts machine. I know it is sad, but probably realistic. :coffee:
Best regards ... AZ*

tictalk
Victor II

Post by tictalk »

emerson wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:43 am Hey, Just my opinion---but don't part it out, just because of the lid. That would be a trophy in any collection to have. If my opinion falls on deaf ears----AND I hope it doesn't, then I would be interested in the needle cups. Thanks---Hopefully for not parting it out. ----Herb
Hi Herb, It is a tough decision to part out , but the lid on a 135 is pretty distinct and the chance of finding a loose one in walnut would but very unlikely, Here are a couple pictures of our Mahogany 135's lid . Larry
Attachments
IMG_4303.jpg
IMG_4303.jpg (73.62 KiB) Viewed 548 times
IMG_4302.jpg
IMG_4302.jpg (92.17 KiB) Viewed 548 times

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

A needle in a haystack... BUT, the day after you part it out, three of them will show up... :roll: :lol:
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Post by Inigo »

It's it unthinkable to transform your square lid into a copy of the curved one, by carving, adding other carved pieces of wood, etc?
Inigo

emerson
Victor III

Post by emerson »

Don't know if a mahogany or other finish correct lid could be wood-bleached and then stained to match the cabinet? Remember patience is a Virtue and like Curt said---sell it and a lid will surface. At least that's the way Murphy's Law says it goes.

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

You might try George Vollema - he may have a lid.

Hang onto it and keep it as is for a little while... see if something comes up, since it's an unusual machine.
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife