SOLD: 1911 Edison Standard Model E With Model N Reproducer - $350

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
FellowCollector
Victor IV

SOLD: 1911 Edison Standard Model E With Model N Reproducer - $350

Post by FellowCollector »

Here's an Edison Standard model E with its rather elusive model N reproducer. The Standard model E was introduced in 1911.
With Edison's desire to phase out 2 minute cylinders he decided to release the model E Standard with 4 minute only gearing and a large 'EYE' angled carriage to accommodate the new larger size model N reproducer. It was a bit of a blunder on his part and the 2/4 minute gearing reappeared on the model F making the Standard model E a rather odd and interesting model in the Edison Standard lineup.

This plays quite nicely as you can see and hear in the video below [CLICK on the video link below...Allow a few seconds to download...Click OPEN FILE to play the video]. This is just how I found it with exception of my cleaning it up a little. It needs a new belt which I will happily install and test before it leaves my hands. The top works are in pretty sweet condition with about 99% of the original dual gold stenciling present and the nickel on the mandrel is pretty nice. The cabinet is a bit rough but the lid is quite nice. The gear cover is missing and there are a couple of teeny tiny kisses on the mandrel that are barely noticeable. I can include the original 14" brass bell horn for an additional $75. Overall it's a decent original horn with some little kisses here and there on the cone section and bell and the small end has a tight split. It fits a bit tight on the throat of the model N reproducer.

That's about it for this one. PM, PayPal friends or check, USPS additional at cost, packaged securely.

Thanks,
Doug
Attachments
Edison Standard Model E With Model N Reproducer.MPG
(115.47 MiB) Downloaded 43 times
IMG_7608.JPG
IMG_7612.JPG
IMG_7613.JPG
IMG_7614.JPG
IMG_7615.JPG
IMG_7616.JPG
IMG_7617.JPG